FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a small digital camera to take with on the bike. This morning we tested the camera. My 14 year old son is the photographer.

The first photo

Just past Lanseria Airport, approaching the dam from the south east.

The dam was built in the Magaliesberg mountains

Crossing the river feeding the dam.

Beautiful day in South Africa, many bikes at Upperdeck, a popular breakfast place.

Crossing the dam wall

To finish the crossing you have to drive through this tunnel.

Keeping to the speedlimit.

The now defunct and moth balled Pelindaba, a former nuclear research centre.

The photographer.

Self portrait

Clearing the FJR's throat.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
The Sunday morning breakfast run to Hartebeespoort! I remember doing those back in '74/'75. Good piccies, but I didn't see any close-ups of your world famous taxis! Just as well, you don't want to be close to them, I guess.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've had a braai up on the Magaliesberg mountains. Some friends were looking to buy a second home along the reservoir.

Thank goodness there weren't any of those taxis around!

I haven't been back to SA in over a year. I'm going through SA withdrawal.

Beste Groete,
Ron

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ron

Good to hear from you again, will post some more pictures on Sunday. Doing a drive to Volsrust on Saturday, that is South Eastern Transvaal. Not much of a pretty landscape but lets see what I get.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Wonderman nice photos of Hartbeesport Dam. Brought back some good memories we visited Joberg in 1995.Had a day out visiting the Dam the rest of our time was taken up driving down to the Kruger Park via the Long Tom pass Sabi etc. Then onto Umslanger rocks & Durban.Wonderful time loved the Country shame we only had two weeks would have been nice to see a bit more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts