FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done stupid thing today. Do most days , but this one pi**ed me off.
Put some of them there bar raisers on. Decided to give bike run up road.

Horrible noise , som'it fallen off. No riped off , infact. I had forgot to tuck pillion intercom lead under seat. Ripped plug right off end. Silly bit wire left now.
:cry:

·
Registered
177 Posts
@ Alman. Sorry to hear about your wee mishap...If it's Autocom, let me know what cable, I might be able to help. Just upgraded mine and have a few spares left over including cables and the main unit...V8 box 5 pin din cables.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Its not the end of the world, even if Malki hasn't got what you need. The leads that come out of the box are all easily replaceable. Give Autocom a call, or try the local stockist and they may have the necessary part. If its a 7 pin system then I think its part No. 22 you want (7-pin replacement Passenger lead). Thats what they sent to me last year when the leads were replaced in the recall.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tis all the new stuff 7 pin . Thanks for offer. Will give loacal dealer a call in morn.
Is it possible to split the box and re wire if you have new cable? Sure you can , but is it easy. If I had a new recive end plug, all wires showing from ripped off bit. Wonder if I could go back to where it happened and see if end bit not been flattened.
Need to go back any how , as Wife was attached to other end when it happened. She not turned up either. Bugger in it......
:roll:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
If it's the Pro-7 Sport you've got then you open the case by peeling off the label and undoing the two screws that are underneath it. Once the case is open then the leads are plugged into the circuit board rather than soldered, so from start to finish its only a five minute job. They even provide a replacement label in the box with the new lead. Suspect the other Autocom models use a similar method.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rang up local Autocom dealer in Yeovil, Bransons ,where brought it. Yeap , they got all the bits.
The guy there , (who we know as coustomers) fitted a new lead for me.

Cost .....Nothing. How about that then.

The shock bit is the new units, same as we bought 6 months ago to replace ageing V8 , the Smart 7. Half price now. All of them are being sold off half price at moment. And why......New models due in any day now.
Just cant bloody well keep up , can you. New today , dated the next.

Have fitted bar risers at long last. yeap , good move. The Lenker is it German ones? Expensive , but nice to have the adjustment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts