FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all the people who have SP3 units, has anyone managed to upgrade there SP3's internal memory and if so how do you do it?

I have downloaded the WebUpdator software but it does not see the 256 chip and asks for a com off the computer is there another lead I should have?

I cannot find the instructions that came with the unit.

Any help would appreciated

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 256mb does work but how do you upgrade the firmware in the unit?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Which version are you currently running? If you are on 2.8 than that's the latest. You need to connect the unit directly to the PC through the serial port to update it not the card through the USB.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes it did. It's a cable with on one end a DB9 connector, and on the other end the round Garmin plug that fits your GPS and a 12V sigarette plug. (It's a combined power-data cable)

·
Registered
23 Posts
woody said:
To all the people who have SP3 units, has anyone managed to upgrade there SP3's internal memory and if so how do you do it?

I have downloaded the WebUpdator software but it does not see the 256 chip and asks for a com off the computer is there another lead I should have?

I cannot find the instructions that came with the unit.

Any help would appreciated
Woody

I have a SPIII and I'm just down the road in Worcester.
Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
Not particularly an expert with the thing though!!!!!!

Kind regards

Tim

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the offer TJFJR but just found the book. Doesn't seem very useful though.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Right then lads!
Has anyone managed to upload Ver 2.80 to the SP3? as It does not want to play.
Any help would be nice...

·
Registered
721 Posts
Loaded it up first time when it came out way back when. What exactly are you doing and what if any error messages are you getting?

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It doesnt seem to see the unit via the com port.
I have it on GPS OFF mode & interface GARMIN then start the Webupdater program and then the trouible starts?

PS: the com is open & working?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Have you had anything else attached to the com port in the past, a mouse or PDA or such like? You may need to uninstall these or disable any synchronisation program they use first.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Ian,
I loaded it from the Laptop instead, it must have been the Com port was in use as you said.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts