FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Just goes to show you don't have to cut the thief's hand off as is the custom in some communities - just very painfully break the arm(s)attached to the hand(s) - thus the lesson is learned. A bike is PERSONAL property. Motorcycle thieves should be shown no mercy.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Liquidsilver said:
My favorite story are the guys in Britain somewhere that set out a bait bike, then beat the would-be thieves within inches of their lives. Maybe we could sponsor that?
This approach is music to my ears. I'm sure a "near death experience" with appropriate tissue regrowth period would be both "most enlightening" for the baitee and extremely satisfying for the baiter(s)

Its always a concern when you walk away from the bike in a public place. Light bikes can be lifted, bikes and cars even with locked wheels can be dragged particularly if coarse sand or glass beads are spread on the wheel path.

Realistically, sound alarms that supposedly attract attention from people nearby are treated as a nuisance and ignored. The best you can hope for is to slow the bastards up by making the removal job as difficult as possible in the hope of making it all too hard for them. A motion sensor that activates a concealed GPS sender and some form of communicating alarm from bike to phone could provide an opportunity to casually walk up to the thief on the job and begin the "learning process". The GPS sender could help recover the bike - hidden well it could provide enough time to get the police involved or to get "geared up" for the recovery if the quiet personal approach is preferred.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts