FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I received the Magnum Horns from Todd Strbik.
Tomorrow I'll start the mounting job on my 2006 FJR.
Show some pictures when I'm ready.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today I managed to mount the Stebels under the cockpit.
Tomorrow I'll finish the job with the wiring, the relay etc.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Walrus said:
Today I received the Magnum Horns from Todd Strbik.
Walrus, could you pls post a link to the shop/site where you bought these horns? Also is that neat bracket that you mounted the horns on OEM? If not where did you source it from.
thanks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Walrus said:
Horns come from http://www.hornsplusauto.com/
The bracket is machined by myself.
Walrus thx for the link. Re the bracket, it looks totally OEM, or even better then OEM. Would you be interested in fabricating some to sell to other FJR owners? If not could kindly share the mesurments & materials specs you used?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JamesK said:
Walrus thx for the link. Re the bracket, it looks totally OEM, or even better then OEM. Would you be interested in fabricating some to sell to other FJR owners? If not could kindly share the mesurments & materials specs you used?
I'm not fully satisfied about the bracket because of problems with the brakeliners.
I solved that but not good enough.
Tomorrow I'll machine another bracket and when that succeeds I'll give you the pictures and the measurements.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I notice in your pics that the OEM horns are still in place.
Are they still functional? Or are you planning to remove them once you are happy with the new bracket?
If you're leaving them, how does it sound when you set them off? (louder of course, but the tonal interaction)?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wess said:
I notice in your pics that the OEM horns are still in place.
Are they still functional? Or are you planning to remove them once you are happy with the new bracket?
If you're leaving them, how does it sound when you set them off? (louder of course, but the tonal interaction)?
OEM horns are still in place and functioning (so 4 horns make a lot of noise).
I now machined another bracket (try and error method).
Must look in practice if this will function because of maybe to less space for the suspension.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just posted looking for a good horn setup. I see they have a nautilus horn also. I wonder which is the loudest. I'm looking for a sound close to an 18 wheeler's air horn. Have you tapped some juice to them and heard what they sound like? Sounds llike a good setup your working on. I'd be interested in a set of brackets myself.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sorry I didn't mean to duplicate post. I see Walrus is working on a set of magnum blasters and there are older post also. I wonder if FJRandy's MB's were really flukes or would it be better to order the Mini-Nautilus horns instead? I want the loudest possible horns that will fit.

Does the relays and wiring come with it or will they have to be made up for each application? Well looks likes you've sold another wiring harness FJRandy if it works for the 2006 FJR-AE.

Well I just ordered two Magnum blasters and a compact Nautilus.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
qmotion,
The Stebel website (click here) has full specs of all their products, plus sound samples so you can try before you buy (or in your case, after you buy :D )

It is tricky finding a discrete place to mount the Nautilus on an FJR that doesn't require surgery to either the bike or the horn, but it can be done. Don't know about on an ABS or 06 model though.

·
Registered
110 Posts
marshman said:
It is tricky finding a discrete place to mount the Nautilus on an FJR that doesn't require surgery to either the bike or the horn, but it can be done. Don't know about on an ABS or 06 model though.
I wonder just how much smaller the compact Nautilus horn is? It looks as if it may be close to the size of the MB's. They don't show them together in the same picture.

Hey Walrus, how are you comming along with those brackets?

·
Registered
62 Posts
From what I saw from an '06 model at the M/C show, there's even less room to mount the horns. You could mount the compact Nautilus in the factory location by separating the horn from the compressor and running an air line between the two. I'm currently working on this install, and will be documenting (with pics) the whole thing. The horn section needs to be highly modified, but looks like it'll tuck in nicely on my '03.

Toon, I'm amazed that your setup won't bang against the fender on hard braking.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Todd Strbik emailed me back stating that the horns come with a bracket. Whether or not I can use the one supplied will have to be seen after I get the bike I guess.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FJRandy said:
Toon, I'm amazed that your setup won't bang against the fender on hard braking.
I wouldn't be suprised if it did in the new setup that I made... so what? 8)
My bike will stand some scratches...
I couldn't solve the problem with the brake liners and have chosen another solution.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
gr8eyes said:
Toon your trying to mislead us aren't you. Thats really a picture of the propulsion system to a nuclear sub isn't it?
:shock:

:mrgreen:

Glenn
You may not guess anymore... :lol:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts