FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early warning for the 1st State of Origin next year. Anzac day is Tuesday 25 April, so the options are:
Sat 22 April, Sun 23 April - people can take Monday off and ride home Tuesday (Anzac Day) - knowing NSW they will make this a double demerit points weekend and I think this is in the school holidays too; or
We get together the following weekend - Fr1 28 and Sat 29 April - Monday 1 May is a Qld holiday, so this is a Qld long weekend. This is our preference, as we will take from Anzac day (Tue 25th) to zig-zag to wherever we meet, and ride back on Sunday 30th or Monday 1st.

Suggested meeting place - somewhere near Oxley Highway - maybe Crescent Head?

Any ideas, all.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Either of those is suitable for me. Do we have any suggestions for a destination. How about Dingara, Nth West NSW, about 250klm from Tamworth.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Cresent Head sounds good to me. Dates should not matter too much

Belly

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Phil - Crescent Head will be great for Friday and Saturday 28 and 29 April. Please see what rate you can negotiate.

We will ride inland first, and will probably overnight one night at Bingara. Zea and I may do a SS1600 on the way down.

Our probable route will include Bruxner H.way to Tenterfield and out west a bit, then probably down Gwydir H.way to Grafton, then through Ebor up to Armidale, then down Oxley ending at Cressie on Friday.

Jwm - maybe we'll meet up and do some of this together?

·
Registered
97 Posts
SOO

Hi All,

Have been absent for a few days and they go and change the site....

Anyhow, being that this is SOO, should we not consider hosting it in QLD this time ?? We have some awesome roads up here as well and you would be able to nearly guarantee the weather to be great, especially that time of year... Just a thought.

hmmm my signature does not appear to work....

·
Registered
66 Posts
SOO is it that time again?

Kerrie and I won't be able to make it as we are intending to be in the USA at that time.

Shame because Kerrie still raves about the home-made pasta at the motel in Cressie where we stayed last time.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Bingara?

David, I have tried to get to Bingara twice in the last month and have had to cancel my arrangements on both occasions.
Hopefully I can make it up there before April but let's wait and see what happens between now and then. But it would be good if we could work something out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Weekend at the end of April is good for me, have booked annual leave for those days, now where we gunna go?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wassup ??

Howdy All,

Nothing here since last November !!! I have been lurking, but have been spending a lot of times with mt new SLR digital, and photoshop, plus been too hot for riding !!

What's the plan ??

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Wassup ??

atlas said:
Howdy All,

plus been too hot for riding !!
Don't let the 'mercans hear you say that, thay are mostly snowed in. We've been covering our k's recently - took a day trip to the Bunya mountains via all the back roads 3 weeks ago. Evaporative vests proved their worth once again. Went fossicking down in Inverell Australia Day weekend (by car - too much gear to carry for the bike).

I'm working on wearing out my rear Avon (the one that got a puncture on the way back from the MotoGP - has another one picked up 2 weeks ago - very, very slow, but I'll fix it Saturday). Will just get 10,000k's from if I stretch the last bit.

April is still a goer for us - we will be heading down the to the 'usual area'. Roads that we will ride include the Bruxner to Tenterfield, the Gwydir to Grafton, up to Dorrigo.

Guess we will have to decide where we are staying sometime soon.

If we do end up mid NSW we found some interesting roads around Inverell/Bingara last weekend (Copeton Dam area)

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm just sitting here on the sidelines watching and waiting for someone to make a decision on the date and destination.
I must admit, it has been a bit hot for riding lately but hopefully the weather will cool down in the next couple of weeks and we can start getting about again. Anybody going to the Superbikes in March? A group of us are going down on the 3rd and coming back on the 5th.

·
Registered
215 Posts
HI JWM.
yes bloody hot thats for sure.
I will catch up with you again soon
Belly

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, here's a decision:
Dates - Saturday 22 April to Tuesday 25 April (Anzac Day) - so we all need to take just 1 day off for a 4-day weekend.
Base - Crescent Head area. So everyone rides in on Saturday, with day rides Sunday and Monday, and everyone rides home on Tuesday. Ride the Oxley one day (Sunday maybe) and Ebor another day (Monday maybe).

Confirmations: Post here.

JWM - I think this eliminates any possible clash with the Blue Liners ride. You could head straight accross to Tamworth, maybe via Grafton and up the Gwydir Highway, to Inverell, past the Copeton Dam, down to Uralla and to Tamworth - I know it's a long way round, but worth the ride.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Crescent Head sounds good. While the 4 day weekend is not a problem for me, I'll have to see what my partners work commitments are.
Is somebody looking after the accomodation arrnagements?

David, the Blue Liners Tamworth run is actually 2 weeks later, 6-7 May, so I'll head home and have a break.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Come on get your shit together and lets get this show on the road, so to speak. :lol:

I will be there and i am looking forward to seeing you all again. :ale:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Guy's
Just lurking having joined the new site recently
Gota get some time off this work caper, life's non stop madness,
Would like to attend SoO seeing it's only a couple of days.
Trying to get use to this new site certainly different, lost our Top Guns hey Atlas.
Cheers all

1 - 20 of 68 Posts