FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tame mechanic adjusted my front suspension at the weekend because it was diving too much. However, when I have full luggage, I now get a slight weaving at speed (it's fine with no luggage)

I either need to stiffen up the rear to match or put the front back to standard. However, I am away from home for the next 4 days.

Could some kind person post what the standard suspension settings are for compression and rebound at the front - and, if possible, tell me which way to turn the rear to stiffen up the rebound (I already set it to "hard" which made a little difference, but not enough).

Thanks for any help

Alan

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
alan sh said:
My tame mechanic adjusted my front suspension at the weekend because it was diving too much. However, when I have full luggage, I now get a slight weaving at speed (it's fine with no luggage)

I either need to stiffen up the rear to match or put the front back to standard. However, I am away from home for the next 4 days.

Could some kind person post what the standard suspension settings are for compression and rebound at the front - and, if possible, tell me which way to turn the rear to stiffen up the rebound (I already set it to "hard" which made a little difference, but not enough).

Thanks for any help

Alan
The hard setting is for the preload. The compression should be at the base of the shock (if it's like the 01 shock) and generally clockwise to stiffen.

Put on max to help with the rear unloading.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - I've added 2 clicks for now. I'll try it out tonight and see how it feels.

Alan

·
Registered
113 Posts
Alan sh ; front fork top, turn clockwise until stops, turn counter clockwise 17 clicks soft setting, 12 clicks standard, 1 click hard. Bottom of fork same thing except 21 clicks soft, 12 clicks standard, 1 click hard. rear shock rebound damping bottom same thing, 20 clicks soft, 10 clicks standard, 3 clicks hard. ride safe 8)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're a star !

many thanks

Alan

·
Registered
57 Posts
Fully loaded for camping, whatever the rear shock setting, the spring is so weak the front feels like it is waving in the air. Unstable.

My temporary solution was to soften the front preload.

My more permanent solution is to fit a new rear shock.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Two clicks harder at the back solved my problem.

Thanks all

Alan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts