FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just installed my Givi rack…pretty nice quality stuff! My question is this…there’s two lonely mount holes in the front that look like a mini 2 inch backrest or some type of spoiler etc would look great. I can’t find anything offered except back rests for the boxes themselves…anyone do something creative here?

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Heee heee....
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,057 Posts
They are for different mounts. The big plastic piece is used on a ton of different bike mounts.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Ha! That’s little too much for my current needs. Could haul lumber to a jobsite with that setup😆
It's not really that big, it only covers the rear seat. It goes on and off in 5 minutes. Great for strapping a bag with camping gear to. And if I need tools or anything under the seat, it hovers above the seat so the seat just slides off like it normally would.

Reactions: AtlRiderrr

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,057 Posts
Ah, you mean the ones in the metal, facing forward? Those were for the pannier racks that they don't make any more.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah, you mean the ones in the metal, facing forward? Those were for the pannier racks that they don't make any more.
I think I’m gonna get creative at some point and craft a lumbar back bar there..lol. Maybe i can get lucky and find a universal one somewhere that would fit.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My Tenda tail bag came in. Its got a nice perch up there…nearly like its made for it…i think she’ll do! Bike looks like it’s about to blast off and go to space😆

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that's sharp. is it compatible across gens? I have an gen 2 - 06. where did you get? thanks.
The tenda bag? The rack is the SR 357 with Givi mount, but the Givi mount is on the bench for now until i need a top case for something. The bag is called a Held “Tenda”. It’s European, so your best bet to not pay a crapton in shipping is seeing if any are left on the US based Amazon seller. He only has a couple. The eBay ones will hit you hard with shipping and currency exchange.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
It's not really that big, it only covers the rear seat. It goes on and off in 5 minutes. Great for strapping a bag with camping gear to. And if I need tools or anything under the seat, it hovers above the seat so the seat just slides off like it normally would.
That actually looks pretty handy for longer trips. I've got a big bag that sits on the rear seat, but it'd be a major PIA to get under the seat if I had to. Is that rack available, or is it something you made?

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
That actually looks pretty handy for longer trips. I've got a big bag that sits on the rear seat, but it'd be a major PIA to get under the seat if I had to. Is that rack available, or is it something you made?
I wish I had the talent to make that. I actually picked it up used off of another forum but it was made by none other than Garauld (sp?) who makes a lot of other goodies here.

Reactions: Mr_Ed
1 - 13 of 13 Posts