FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been shopping for sport touring bikes for about a year and finally pulled the trigger on a '13 FJR with 23,XXX miles. Traded in an Africa Twin for it.

Looking forward to learning from the knowledge of everyone here.

Cheers!
dankly

·
Registered
2013 FJR 1300A
47 Posts
Welcome! Just recently acquired a 2013 myself recently and it's a great bike. A lot of information on this forum and a lot of knowledgeable members to help with anything. This year (among other years) has a brake switch recall and you can check to see if yours has been done already by going to Yamaha Consumer Publications and putting in your VIN. I have not done this recall yet myself because I have a hard time trusting some of these dealerships.

·
Premium Member
2006 FJR1300 AS - Orion The Hunter
818 Posts
Welcome to the horde, Dankly! Be among friends!

Pics or it didn't happen! :D

Also, please fill in your bike model into your profile, so we won't have to hunt your model when answering questions!

I hope you have many miles and smiles on your new to you bike!

·
Registered
903 Posts
Hello all,

I've been shopping for sport touring bikes for about a year and finally pulled the trigger on a '13 FJR with 23,XXX miles. Traded in an Africa Twin for it.

Looking forward to learning from the knowledge of everyone here.

Cheers!
dankly

best knowledge

check all fluids

dont do a lot o fiddle farin around with it

dont attempt to build a better bike tha yamaha

ride safe

i still have my 13

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Put Heli Bar risers on this weekend and then did a little 100 mile shake down ride. The risers make a huge difference! Much less weight on my wrists and a more upright posture. Ready for some IBA rides!

dankly

·
JRowners.com Sponsors
68 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
More thoughts: 23000 miles sounds like a lot of mileage, and perhaps it is - by sport bike standards. But for a FJR, 23K is just broken in.
I've got a '13 with 93,000 miles. I sure hope 23k is just broken in. LOL

Welcome aboard, Dankly

I've had to replace a horn and a throttle position sensor. Other than that, the only work I've done on the bike has been standard maintenance. Best bike I've ever owned, and there have been a bunch. :)

·
Registered
755 Posts
My friend and I are in Idaho right now on our FJRs. Y’all sure have some nice roads here.

Welcome to the forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts