FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owned an R6 for two years - no speeding ticket
New fjr for two weeks and I see those dreaded lights in my spotless sidemirrors. Chicago police thought I was having too much fun with my new bike. 50mph in a 20 I guess they are right.
I just needed to get that out in the open.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've had my 06 less than a month and I constantly find myself exceeding the speed limit. My other bike is an 03 VTX 1800. It lumbers along where the FJR just zips along. I looked down tonight as I was "cruising" down the Interstate and I was on the better side of 90MPH! On the VTX, I would have been getting pounded with wind. On this bike, it's smooth as silk! Sweet, but dangerous! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
76 Posts
On my daily 25 minute ride to the shop, I am constantly getting hit and my detector goes off.
This bike easily slides past the posted limit and I constantly have to be off the throttle.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
joer6 said:
Chicago police thought I was having too much fun with my new bike. 50mph in a 20 I guess they are right. I just needed to get that out in the open.
From the FJR confessional: Say 20 hail Mary's and send $100 to the city courts and you're good to go. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
3,947 Posts
Dockjekyll said:
Sweet, but dangerous! :mrgreen:
Now that's just crazy talk Mister! :D

The only reason it would be dangerous is if the bike is poorly maintained, the rider isn't properly geared up, the conditions precluded it, or it was outside the skill set of the rider.

Speed, in and of itself isn't dangerous at all. Those who would have you believe otherwise are the same ones that use it as an arbitrary way to raise roadside revenue (including insurance companies).

Now you just march right up to your room Mister and get your head screwed on straight! Don't make me and your Mother have to come up there and check on you! :crylarf:

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
bounce said:
Speed, in and of itself isn't dangerous at all.
Fewer fatalities in the high speed world of racing than in the low speed world of half asleep cage drivers. Now, just tell it to da judge......

·
Registered
405 Posts
Joer: the only place I was nearly killed on a feejer was the Dan Ryan, when some Chicago van driver decided to hit the brakes in the passing lane and pull to the LEFT! in a breakdown lane on the wrong freakin' side of the road. Hate Chicago drivers! Ride safe and leave some space ahead......

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup, chicago drivers are very aggressive and most of them do suck, especially chicago women drivers, suck at driving that is. I'm originally from Iowa and they are better drivers and more curtious too.

Defensive driving is what its all about here in the windy city. Gotta keep up with the traffic - I usually avoid the busy interstate especially during rush hour

Ever been to Boston? Worst drivers in the country. Hands down.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Grew up in southeastern Mass. Big deal was to go to Boston, loved driving there, no rules, go fast, brake at the last minute, then go fast again. Storrow Drive in Boston doesn't even have anyplace for the cops to pull you over. But a breakdown lane on the left? Only in the Windy City. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
167 Posts
bounce said:
Dockjekyll said:
Sweet, but dangerous! :mrgreen:
Now that's just crazy talk Mister! :D

The only reason it would be dangerous is if the bike is poorly maintained, the rider isn't properly geared up, the conditions precluded it, or it was outside the skill set of the rider.

Speed, in and of itself isn't dangerous at all. Those who would have you believe otherwise are the same ones that use it as an arbitrary way to raise roadside revenue (including insurance companies).

Now you just march right up to your room Mister and get your head screwed on straight! Don't make me and your Mother have to come up there and check on you! :crylarf:
lol Bounce!!! I meant dangerous to my wallet, since it's just a matter of time before I get a one-on-one meeting with a New Jersey State Trooper.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Here in Florida they drive 15 miles per hour UNDER the limit.
It's all you can do to keep sane as they just look at the trees and count the hash marks on the road on their way to early bird specials.

The bad part is that I CHOSE to live in a gated community with them.
Don't get me wrong...the nicest people in the world as neighbors. But drive really sloooow.

·
Registered
25 Posts
wesexcellence said:
Here in Florida they drive 15 miles per hour UNDER the limit.
It's all you can do to keep sane as they just look at the trees and count the hash marks on the road on their way to early bird specials.

The bad part is that I CHOSE to live in a gated community with them.
Don't get me wrong...the nicest people in the world as neighbors. But drive really sloooow.
One of the best bumper stickers I saw in Florida said "When I grow old, I am going to move up North and drive slow"
:crylarf:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Rough driving down here but we get 1st dibs on all the great used cars!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts