FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Am I correct in assuming the 05 FJR (ABS) has the Yamaha Ignition Security System (Y.I.S.S)? I hope so, coz that's what I told the insurance company.

My Honda (which has the H.I.S.S. security system) has a method of registering additional keys with the bike. This requred one existing 'registered' key and one new 'unregistered' key, and involved supplying power to a certain lead in the harness, then going through a sequence of on/off, key-swap actions with the ignition.

Is there a similar procedure for the FJR? (My 05 FJR is being supplied with two keys, but as I'm super catious and parenoid, I'd like to add a third).

Regards,

Glenn

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Glenn

You should get 3 keys.

2 black handled ones, for normal use.

1 red handled one, which you need in order to get new keys made. (manual states fairly specifically this is not to be used to start the bike)

According the manual, if you lose the red key, and then new keys, the entire YISS ignition lock and electronics needs to be replaced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.