FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed since the "upgrade" that the security must have been downgraded letting a lot more spammers in. I reported 3 today. Are the admin considering improving the protective measures?

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
I've just been sending reports on them too. They seem to come in waves. I'm sure the admins don't like the wasted time and bandwidth, either.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Over 60 new spam threads this morning. Whatever you did and are doing, Admin, it is not working. I frequent several other forums and none of them have problems with spammers getting through to make posts. I suggest you talk to someone who knows how to stop this...... please.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Over 60 new spam threads this morning. Whatever you did and are doing, Admin, it is not working. I frequent several other forums and none of them have problems with spammers getting through to make posts. I suggest you talk to someone who knows how to stop this...... please.
I'm not surprised. I frequent one other bike forum owned by the same company and it has the same problem.

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Shiit, they're like fooking chicken pox today! FKUC!!

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Admin should/needs to add a few community members as admins to be able to knock these "users" offline in a more timely manner.

I'd be willing to volunteer to be one of those quasi-admins.... (seriously.)

·
Registered
101 Posts
It's not the end of the world as we know it,
One day without the fjr page isn't the end of the world,
Admin is doing a good job and it doesn't cost us a single cent for their hard work and time.
Thanks admin team keep up the free good work that you do on our behalf.

Insideout.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Admin should/needs to add a few community members as admins to be able to knock these "users" offline in a more timely manner.

I'd be willing to volunteer to be one of those quasi-admins.... (seriously.)
I did volunteer a few months back. Made sense to me since I already moderate on a couple other forums. Nothing fancy, just basic stuff like dealing with spam, move the occasional thread to the appropriate section, things like that. The Admin folks surely have their hands full with upgrades, glitches, spam, etc. Let's just say Admin names look awfully familiar, eh ;).

I'm still willing to help out.

·
Administrator
315 Posts
Thank you for volunteering:) I would just like to discuss this with the rest of the team and I will let you know shortly. If not by the end of the day, then Monday.

Have a great weekend!
Marie, Community Support

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks to the site admin folks for dealing so quickly with the spam attack today. Your efforts are much appreciated.

Bob Stewart

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks to the site admin folks for dealing so quickly with the spam attack today. Your efforts are much appreciated.

Bob Stewart
Thanks Bob. Most of the time there's really nothing for moderators to do but when the dookie hits the fan it's a hoot.
I am retired. Unless I am on the road, I am here every day. I also volunteer my services.
I will happily pass your message on to the Admin folks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
A page and half of spam. now ..go get them. C panel and nuke the ip :)

Reactions: FJRSteve
1 - 20 of 155 Posts