FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have recently moved to Brisbane from Adelaide and was wondering if anyone is keen to show me some of your local riding around here. Maybe we can organise a ride day? I'm Keen!!!

Moose :ale:

·
Registered
46 Posts
:lol: Moose, lots of guys up your way, best contact would be david1300.
Your first ride could be down here to Crescent Head for the State of Origin meeting this weekend (see thread)

Cheers

·
Registered
66 Posts
@ Moose

Welcome to Brissy. I would love to show you some good roads on the North side. Unfortunately I am not available until early June as I will be out of town. David1300 knows the Nerang Valley and southern area like the back of his hand. Get him to take you to Panorama Drive for an unbeatable view of the Gold Coast.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Hi Moose, and welcome to paradise (you know the rest - beautiful one day, perfect the next. Yeah, we do believe it, too).

Which side of Brissie are you?

About every 2 to 3 months or so we organise a FJR Boys Day Out. Usually a Saturday, and does include friends. We are off to Crescent Head tomorrow (leaving around 7:30 from Nerang) back Anzac Day - see details here: http://www.fjrowners.ws/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=11075&highlight=#11075

Probably a good time to organise another Boys (and Girls) Day Out. I formalise dates and times next week, but how does Saturday 14 May sound. Maybe do Beaudesert/Mt Lindesay/Lions Road?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"beautiful one day, perfect the next".
What about the 14th May?...... beautiful? or Perfect?

either way....I'm there.....I even enjoy riding in the rain (too much time in South Australia I think?).
Fast Devil, David1300 & Silverado your offers all sound great thankyou. I hope to be able to ride with all of you at some stage. I can't make the state of origin this weekend(working on Saturday)...but can do May and June and July....also good for August...............and whenever.

I'm a "Westy" and live out at Springfield Lakes.

Please keep us posted about the proposed ride in May David....looking forward to it mate :D

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Springfield Lakes will make Beaudesert a good breakfast and meeting spot. Might even get Atlas chugging along. I'll formalise the thread when we get back from the SoO - also try and round up another few local FJR's. Probably even get Ben to come along.

Off to bed now - early start tomorrow.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Welcome to Qld!
I'm heading down to Clare in S.A in August around the 12th.
Whats the weather like at that time of year? I'll only be down there a few days coming in via Broken hill and heading home via Renmark.

Cheers
Thommo

·
Registered
196 Posts
oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you're bloody everywhere :crylarf:
you........ you........ you............. just you wait......... you.. ..
you might be right :crylarf: below 15 degrees is freezing for my part of the world
you know lucky i respect my elders :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Saturday 14 May - FJR Owners and friends. Meet at Macca's in Beaudesert to leave at 9. We'll get there in time to have some breakfast before we head out. Ride to Boonah, Lake Moogerah, some backroads, and decide if we want to head up Mt Lindsey.

Davo, you're very welcome to join the throng.

EDIT - I looked at the wrong calendar. THE CORRECT DATE IS SATURDAY 13 MAY.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds great!

"I'll be there!!!! " I need to clock up some Km's on my new '06 FJR before we head up to Dorrigo and Northern NSW for some riding in early June.

David1300...thanks for organising this mate...look forward to catching up with you guys at last :ale:

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Yes, Saturday 13 May. It took me until this week to find out I had last years desk calendar at my computer (with the year cut off to save space :oops: ) No wonder I have been getting weird responses to some dates I have spoken about (like the MotoGP) :oops:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome

Hi Moose,

Welcome. I work in Ipswich and live out near Gatton way if you are familiar with places up here yet.

I can meet you at Maccas Yamanto about 8 and I will show you the back way to beaudesert to meet up with the rest of the gang... Let me know.

Hope to see you all there, if my bike has finished playing up !!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Atlas,

This might sound a little strange mate......

:oops:

"But.....You've got yourself a date!" see ya Yamanto Maccas @ 8

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey..

Atlas...I'm not taking a pillion with me on Saturday for our ride. I know where Yamanto is and will meet you there at 8. I ride past Yamanto everyday on my way to work (RAAF Amberley).
After work today I rode down to Kalbar, Boona onto Rathdowney....had some lunch...into Beau'ee and back through Greenbank then home for a coldie :ale: to celebrate the new bike.
Thankyou Yamaha....You made my day! (again)

Can't wait to meet up with you guys next week.....7 more sleeps!

Atlas...Hope your bike is fixed mate.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts