FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2014 FJR 2003 ZRX1200
35 Posts
Someone stole mine too. The 1st little scoot I took it on after purchasing, when I returned I noticed it missing. I never stopped or left the bike anywhere so I assume a stealthy thief creeped up while I was stopped at a light, peeled it off, then disappeared back into the daylight.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,561 Posts
Inappropriate adhesive for chrome, chosen by Yamaha. Park your bike in the sun and more than likely the right side will fall off...... RTV adhesive will stick to chrome.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Partzilla part #5JW-W9345-00-00 for $13.49 + $9.95 shipping + $1.70 tax. I just scraped off the old glue residue and stuck the new one on. It was on the right side, so maybe RaYzerman is on to something about the factory peel and stick glue not holding up to heat from the sun, but this was the first one I've lost after almost 30,000 miles.

·
Registered
'18 GL1800 Goldwing, '98 Shadow VT1100T, '16 FJR 1300 (Sold)
169 Posts
One fell off my 2016 when I owned it... bought a new emblem for $15cdn... I didnt need to buy the whole chrome part, just the emblem

·
Premium Member
2006 FJR1300 AS - Orion The Hunter
893 Posts
Sames. on Orion. I had some emblem adhesive that I used for another project, and it is holding fine now... But yeah, I had to buy one from Partzilla too.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Glue it on, then only use your hard cases when you’re going on a trip or you need the storage.

Reactions: skippy344!

·
Premium Member
2014 FJR ES
1,561 Posts
It's always the emblem on the right side. When someone asks if it's a BMW when they are standing on the right side... just agree. Only Yamaha owners know what that tuning fork symbol is on the tank! LOL Otherwise, it's a rare, single year (you pick the year) production BMW, it's easier that way. It has worked for me all these years.

·
Premium Member
2014 FJR ES
1,561 Posts
See, your bike was made on the day that the left side guy got the lousy glue. Only because he complained so much that the right side guy got all the lousy glue every day! It would be wise to check all your left side screws, cuz, he's an angry man!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'd love to get the p/n for the larger tuning 'coin' emblem for the Yamaha (smaller) trunk.

Actually, I want just the emblem, but if I had the part number I'd make my own arrangements.
smaller than the tank emblem and larger than the front cowling emblem. I think I even tried/buyed the emblem off a wave runner and it was too big.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts