FJR Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD! Thank you!

Hardly used Rider and Pillion set of Sargent seats (CFX Metallic Silver) in very good condition. No rips, tears or marks. Taken off from my 2014 FJR1300A since they are too wide for me. Fit FJR model years 2006 upwards (as per manufacturer). Read details at https://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Accessories/Yamaha-FJR-1300-2006-No-Heat/ (Part#WS-560-18)
Price: $275 OBO. Willing to ship to Continental USA and International, at buyer's expense.

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'll take these for $275 plus shipping.

PM inbound.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the interest and my apologies once again, Jeff. The seat was sold to the first buyer that contacted me last evening. Hope you find a good seat soon. Ride safe!

·
Registered
187 Posts
:crying:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thank you for the interest and my apologies once again, Jeff. The seat was sold to the first buyer that contacted me last evening. Hope you find a good seat soon. Ride safe!
That's why it should be absolutely mandatory to have dibs posted on the forum in the "For Sale"section before sending out a personal message to the seller.
That has always been the case on almost all the websites I've been on.
That way you know where you stand.
Hey, Jeff, do you agree with me?

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR A Model
7,904 Posts
That's why it should be absolutely mandatory to have dibs posted on the forum in the "For Sale"section before sending out a personal message to the seller.
That has always be the case on almost all the websites I've been on.
I think it is what it is. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Adding rules and complications? I don't agree. But it's something that can be discussed. Flame On!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
That has always be the case on almost all the websites I've been on.
That IS how it works on all of the other forums I'm on, and works well to prevent infighting on the forum.

But there is always the caveat that any particular item may be, and often is, listed elsewhere.

So it is what it is.

Not my forum, not my rules.

Regardless, beginning to think a Sargent seat is not to be for me, between this, and the new guy who posted ONE post with one for sale and never came back to the forum, lol!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think it is what it is. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Adding rules and complications? I don't agree. But it's something that can be discussed. Flame On!!
I would consider adding "rules and complications" as long as they bring a sense of orderly conduct and transparency. A sense of fairness if you will. But those are concepts that belong to a forgotten world, to a different time.
Flame on!

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR A Model
7,904 Posts
I would consider adding "rules and complications" as long as they bring a sense of orderly conduct and transparency. A sense of fairness if you will. But those are concepts that belong to a forgotten world, to a different time.
Flame on!
To me, the biggest complication is cross posting. Very often I see the same "for sale" posting in a couple different forum sections. To complicate it further the seller often posts on 3 different forums simultaneously so someone here may never know the timeline of contact. How would we simplify that?

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I don't believe any of the forums I visit have a "dibs" rule. Russ is spot on in regards to the cross section/cross forum posting. Add to that craigslist, FM and ebay, there is possibly a lot of responses for the seller to deal with (they would hope). We could hope the seller responds, hopefully, to our response and the transaction goes well. It sometimes goes down to luck. Maybe when I finally get a more comfortable, to me, seat I will get hits on my ad.

I haven't reached my two year anniversary here yet (nor with my fjr) but this place seems to work quite well and is nice to visit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts