FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
In the US you could get parts for a fraction of that used. Used FJR parts are plentiful & relatively cheap.
Yup. That is why it is good to know where people are from. I would buy that as an easy fixer in a second here

·
Registered
112 Posts
if you are lucky you can find some stolen bike parts on ebay they usually come from Lithuania thats where i got the new engine head of my bike from LOL
here we also get a lot of parts sold from ex cop bikes i can drop a couple websites if you're interested

Reactions: randomdude41197

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Ouch! Glad you were able to walk away relatively healthy.

Did you end up in the ditch on the OTHER side of the road from the direction you were heading? Curious as I see no curb on the side of the road the bike lays on.

·
Registered
'16 FJR 1300, '98 Shadow VT1100T
95 Posts
Just glad you are ok. As my dad always used to say to me... Vehicles can be replaced.... you can't! Does it suck that you will have to get a new motorcycle or repair it.. yes... were you able to walk away with minimal damage to YOU... that's the best take away.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Ouch! Glad you were able to walk away relatively healthy.

Did you end up in the ditch on the OTHER side of the road from the direction you were heading? Curious as I see no curb on the side of the road the bike lays on.
Nope, the bike landed on the near side. Actually, there was a curb before the grassy area but that's not visible in the photo.

Bike is up for sale, and I've already got 2 calls. First one agreed to view the bike but disappeared. Will talk to the second guy tomorrow. Asking price is 1000000 HUF (equivalent of $3500), which is about 40% of what I payed when I bought it. It's just not economical to repair and I'll be happy to take whatever I can get for it and move on.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Nope, the bike landed on the near side. Actually, there was a curb before the grassy area but that's not visible in the photo.

Bike is up for sale, and I've already got 2 calls. First one agreed to view the bike but disappeared. Will talk to the second guy tomorrow. Asking price is 1000000 HUF (equivalent of $3500), which is about 40% of what I payed when I bought it. It's just not economical to repair and I'll be happy to take whatever I can get for it and move on.
Prices must really be high in Hungary. $3500 would get you an undamaged one here, I only paid $4000 USD for my 2007 that had 16,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yeah, I bought it for 2.2M HUF (equivalent of $7500) and it was one of the cheap ones. gen2 bikes go for $7000-$10000 around here.

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
I'm sorry it happened, but glad you weren't hurt more seriously. Good luck.

·
Registered
142 Posts
.................. Oh, and one more thing.. frame sliders SUCK. Had the bike actually landed on its side fairings, it would have had much more contact surface with the road and would have stopped much sooner. But it was sliding on the frame slider and it didn't really slow the bike down at all.
Thanks for sharing the lesson. Notice that stunters use cages rather than sliders? The plastics absorb and cushion a fair amount of the force and over a wide area. The sliders concentrate that kinetic energy and transmit it directly to the frame. For some make/model bikes, they should be called "frame crackers" rather than "frame sliders".

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Bike is gone, made a deal with the second guy. Got 900000HUF (equivalent of $3100) for it. I'm not too happy about it, as he said he's going to rebuild it using junk parts and sell for profit. Unfortunately, our used vehicle market is already plagued by ovepriced rebuilt wrecks where sellers claim they've "never been dropped" and "original condition". Here's another addition to the pool. Well, whatcha gonna do...

·
Premium Member
2006 FJR1300 AS - Orion The Hunter
706 Posts
Hey Random,

So sorry, Man! I am so glad you are OK. Yeah, you made the best call on that bike, I think.

Are you going to look for another FJR?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Yeah. Big bummer is now I don't have any 2-wheeled vehicles to use for commuting which means I'm stuck at the home office. Which I hate. Luckily my employer enables working from home :)

I am still financially recovering from purchasing this bike in the first place, so no other bikes for a while. My love for second gen FJR's still persists, so you can bet your sweet ass I'm gonna get me another one some day! Maybe not in 2021 though.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Random, I just noticed in your signature, you crashed your first 07 FJR, and now your second 09 FJR :( ...before you go for your 3rd FJR, maybe just maybe you need a different kind of bike for your spirited style of riding? FJR is a great machine, but still a pig to be thrown into twisties, I used to ride with some CBR1000RR and YamR6 friends and they'd loose me in the twisties, their light weight and nimblenes cannot compare to my "piggy" ST (stands for sport but really TOURING bike)
Good luck with your next choice 👍

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Well, if you call going 90 kph in a straight line on a wide open road "spirited"... then we have a very different understanding of that word :D
And yeah, I know what type of bike doesn't go down while braking on oil.. now what's it called.. a CAR.

Or maybe you just misunderstood. I had the 2009 4 years ago and traded it in for an R1. I had the 07 now.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
8,738 Posts
I think it's good you made a decision and can move on...... still sucks, but who knows what tomorrow will bring. Wishing you all the best.

Reactions: randomdude41197

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Well, if you call going 90 kph in a straight line on a wide open road "spirited"... then we have a very different understanding of that word :D
Ha ha, no I was just going by your other post where you said you are ridding at 180 kph on open public roads ;)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts