FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
My personal experience in my couple years of riding the FJR all over N GA, TN, NC, VA, NH etc….hanging like i do on my VFR is not possible and feels a little awkward…. But what is possible is a semi-hang, or hard inward lean of the body (as if you’re trying to lean over the front of the bike diagonally, into the turn while holding the weight of the bike as upright as possible. If you’re really holding a line hard then sure, commit to full butt slide but you’ll find how much the bike weighs when you start butt cheekin it back and forth in the S turns😆. Im reasonably tall, but the FJR makes me wish i was 6’4 sometimes. Whip that thing around!

Reactions: Whooshka

·
Registered
877 Posts
This cracked me up lol. And yes, you definitely feel the weight when butt cheekin it back and forth.
We still have to come back to how our man @zwartie was casually dragging his damn engine guards down the street apparently cool as a cucumber lol. I’d be shook.
Haha. When i used to rock T Rex pegs, i scraped the bottoms of both off. I’m like you, i NEVER get used to the sound/feeling of dragging hard parts. I never crash, but every time i get a lightning bolt of adrenaline and usually go “Whoooooo” to myself out loud. On a serious note, if you’re dragging engine guards, you need more lean with your body.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Car tire;). Still runs through the Twisties and actually provides more lean angle. Just more work
NOSIR! You people are nuts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts