FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 FJR1300A
205 Posts
Not to derail from your original inquiry but since you mentioned that you don't hang off I'll just throw it out there. Besides the bad optics, hanging off allows you to run less lean angle and avoid dragging hard parts. I personally hate the sensation of dragging hard parts. Ever since I started using more body position, AKA hanging off the bike, I think I've only dragged a foot peg once. Seeing the pictures above reaffirms my choice to use plenty of body position, even on the street.

P.S. I'll be adding this 🐍 road to my must ride list. First I've heard of it...

Edit: Just to clarify, I understand there is a difference between using a bit of "body position" and "hanging off" with your knee out. It's a spectrum.

·
Registered
2009 FJR1300A
205 Posts
So true. All you need is half an ass cheek off and extend your outside arm a bit.
Maybe a little bit of knee… like halfway out… something like this…
Tire Helmet Wheel Sports gear Motorcycle helmet

Jokes aside, I’m all for hanging off, knee out and all to decrease lean angle (risk) at the same pace you’re probably already riding. I know it looks bad. Not suggesting to push the pace to crazy levels on the street where you have to hang off just to make it. Really when I get a butt cheek off the seat my leg just kind of naturally goes out like that it would be weird to try and keep it tucked in.

Reactions: Whooshka

·
Registered
2009 FJR1300A
205 Posts
…butt cheekin it back and forth in the S turns😆…
This cracked me up lol. And yes, you definitely feel the weight when butt cheekin it back and forth.
We still have to come back to how our man @zwartie was casually dragging his damn engine guards down the street apparently cool as a cucumber lol. I’d be shook.

• Haha
Reactions: AtlRiderrr
1 - 3 of 3 Posts