FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting a PCIII as I am experiencing not-so-smooth throttle response when accelerating from around or just below 4krpm. I have read lots of good things about Wally's smoothness map for the FJR, but I am wondering if anyone knows how this map behaves in a EU spec FJR?

·
Registered
632 Posts
I remember trying it on my first FJR and didn't like it. Fuel consumption was way down. I ended up using one of the stock maps and it was superb.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting. I have compared Wally's map with the stock EU model w/ 02 sensors disconnected, and if I read the graphs correctly the map provided by Dynojet uses much more fuel than Wally's.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I see what you mean - but that was not the effect I noticed.

However, it was last July, so I could be mistaken.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
The Dynojet maps all tend to use 20+% more fuel between 2&4000 revs which is fine if you're on the motorway but if doing town riding the tank will be empty after 180 miles.

But the plus point is you get better throttle responce.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Couldn't you install that fuel pump feature for that? If that works, you could have more economy while maintaining throttle response.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
afterburn said:
Couldn't you install that fuel pump feature for that? If that works, you could have more economy while maintaining throttle response.
Thats what I run on mine, the accel pump with zero map works just fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts