FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Emissions are they a good thing?

• Yes?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No?

• Dont care?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the 06 be slower, less powerful than the current UK models?
as they appear to be more restrictive on the emissions?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do you mean emissions control? Or emissions? They are kind of opposite of each other, and the question is kinda confusing :S

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since you've voted Don't Care, whats the point of your question. :wink:

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Emissions, bad.
Emissions equipment, bad.
Minimized emissions by achieving all possible performance from an engine, good.
Thinking motorcycle emissions equal more than a gnat fart compared to emissions from billions of other sources, including discarded tofu in landfills, bad/stupid.

If people won't think of the issue with any sense, bad. :?

How should I vote?

:)

·
Registered
250 Posts
motorcycle emission -- very high

While it's true motorcycles don't produce as much total emission as cars because there are lots more cars - a motorcycle generally emit many more grams per mile that a car. In that sense, motorcycles are very dirty. :oops:

·
Super Moderator
3,962 Posts
Re: motorcycle emission -- very high

joecbr1100 said:
While it's true motorcycles don't produce as much total emission as cars because there are lots more cars - a motorcycle generally emit many more grams per mile that a car. In that sense, motorcycles are very dirty. :oops:
got any numbers for that? which models? engine types? i'd heard most street bikes tended to meet standards without any smantzy plumbing.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I like the "use public transportation" thinkers. You don't drive your car so you can ride on a bus that leaves a smoke trail that can't be seen through. I don't get it! :shock:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Anyone that doesn't think we should pay attention to emmisions regardless of the sourse simply has their head buried in the sand.

·
Registered
737 Posts
REAPER said:
I like the "use public transportation" thinkers. You don't drive your car so you can ride on a bus that leaves a smoke trail that can't be seen through. I don't get it! :shock:
But, if you ride the bus that will eliminate the pollutants from your car. The bus will do it's route with or without you. :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
94 Posts
'06 SLOWER?

You Bet!

Taller differential gear ratio will slow zero-60 time, while trying to give the whinners the sixth gear they thought they needed. The longer wheelbase will slow down turn-in. Oh, and the 45lbs of extra weight, that will help.

Depending on hardware, and software used, the persuit of cleaner emmissions can also achieve more power output.

In San Diego,
BAGSTR

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: '06 SLOWER?

BAGSTR said:
You Bet!

Taller differential gear ratio will slow zero-60 time, while trying to give the whinners the sixth gear they thought they needed. The longer wheelbase will slow down turn-in. Oh, and the 45lbs of extra weight, that will help.

Depending on hardware, and software used, the persuit of cleaner emmissions can also achieve more power output.

In San Diego,
BAGSTR
The Winner, Bagstr for answering the question and the poll.
An extra Christmas pressie for you..

Just checking too see how many of us on the site actually answer what we see or what we read.

I also see you spell emissions differently as well.

·
Registered
94 Posts
'06 SLOWER?

Woody,

Thanks...for the spell check.

BAGSTR

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Bagstr,
I honestly thought thats how you spelt it over the pond :?

·
Registered
127 Posts
woody said:
Will the 06 be slower, less powerful than the current UK models?
as they appear to be more restrictive on the emissions?
The 05s already had catalytic converters on them (USA models). Can't believe they would ship non controlled bikes to the UK

The new 06 FJRs are even cleaner, meeting the new Euro and CA rules. Usually the computer is smarter as well which makes for better performance. In addition there are now two cats making (I believe) for a less restrictive exhaust flow vs single cat

The power output claimed has not changed since the bike was introduced. 145 hp, at least here in the states.

The bike may not be as quick for the reasons outlined by Bagster. However with the mods for the 06 the bike will be for the want of better words "more refined!"

However no matter what this bike will blow off most of the class and will probably be quicker than the new K1200GT beemer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.