FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There

I am 95% sure that I am buying a 2006 FJR this April. One of the items I am investigating is putting slip on exhausts to give it more of a sport bike sound. So far I have found Staintunes, Twobros, D&D, and Remus listed on the various websites.

Two questions:

1. Are there any FJR owners in Ontario Canada with aftermarket exhausts that I could visit to hear their bikes before I purchase slip ons?

2. Anyone, I want a loud sport bike sound... what would you recommend.

PS. I can't be quiet ...my wife has striaght pipes on her VTX 1800

Thank You

Pistonhead[/b]

·
Registered
531 Posts
Dont forget the Dale Walker setup. http://www.holeshot.com/

For $989.00 you can get a complete ceramic coated header and his slip-ons. If I hadnt already cut out my cats and ceramic coated my entire exhaust, I would be buying this. A steal for $989.00

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Slip on Pipes

Thanks for the replies...just listened to the Walker set-up

Sparky

How do your mufflers without the baffles or the Walkers compare to a sport bike... about as loud?

Pistonhead

·
Registered
131 Posts
Pistonhead...if you go to WFO 05 (which has gone international) in Reno @ the end of July...you can hear all the different types of exhaust on the fjr & pick what floats your boat :lol:

·
Registered
76 Posts
There's also Muzzy, who has a full system, 4 into 1, ( alway been a noisy exhaust system ), Akropolic ( sp? ) if you have top dollars to spend ( also 4 to 1 ) and Leo Vince slip ons which are pretty throaty.
Leo Vince can be purchased at the link below. Jeff is a FJR owner and can give you a great price.

http://www.sportbikeeffects.com/

·
Registered
21 Posts
baffles

Pistonhead, the staintunes with baffle out are still fairly quiet. If you want loud , you need another brand.

·
Registered
30 Posts
LOUD!!!!!!!!

I've been riding for a few weeks now with my new D&D's installed and they are LOUDDDDDD. Thats why I put them on like you I wanted loud. I heard them on a few sportbikes and that's what sparked my interest. Now you can be in your back yard 60 yards from me and your going to turn your head to see whats rolling down the road in front of your house. I love it.....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sleepwker

Thanks

Louddd is really what I am after... I will try to find where I can source them in Ontario.

Pistonhead

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ontario FJR 1300 Owners

Anyone out there with D&D, or loud exhausts, that I could look at and hear?

Thank You

Pistonhead

·
Registered
192 Posts
FLoud exhaust

I had the D and D slip on exhaust. You're better off going with something else. They are somewhat loud but their design is not the best for the FJR

·
Registered
192 Posts
loud exhaust

Someone mentioned the Muzzy system. They have a full system 4 into 1 for about $700 and it supposed to be loud.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Wow, what a cool thread. Maybe if you guys get 'em loud enough, we can get some more negative legislation thrown our way. Loud pipes just piss off non riders who write to their politicians and get bikes banned, etc. You guys need to rethink your silly ass need to have loud pipes. By all means, go to a race track and get all the cool sounds of loud bikes you need, but leave them off the street or you'll screw it up for everyone else. 8)

·
Registered
737 Posts
20valves said:
Wow, what a cool thread. Maybe if you guys get 'em loud enough, we can get some more negative legislation thrown our way. Loud pipes just piss off non riders who write to their politicians and get bikes banned, etc. You guys need to rethink your silly ass need to have loud pipes. By all means, go to a race track and get all the cool sounds of loud bikes you need, but leave them off the street or you'll screw it up for everyone else. 8)
+1 :roll:

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Re: Slip on Pipes

pistonhead said:
How do your mufflers without the baffles or the Walkers compare to a sport bike... about as loud?
You refer to a 'sportbike' as being loud. My sportbikes have all had aftermarket exhausts, but they're not loud. People only wanting 'loud' bikes remind me of champanzees with party horns. I think there's a big difference in sounding good, and sounding loud.

'Loud' is the Toyota Corollas with the six-inch-wide fart pipes... IMO, that's how sportbikes with crap exhausts sound. (D&D, Devil, etc.)

IMO, the FJR sounds 'good' through Staintunes and Holeshots, not loud. I haven't heard it through other brands, but I'd assume the cats will keep any aftermarket cans from being too loud.

Do you *like* the sound of the VTX through straight pipes? What were they going for with that? Briggs & Stratton?

I recently rode a new Truimph Rocket III with loud pipes. Sounded like a 1974 Plymouth Volare with the muffler falling off. I couldn't enjoy riding the bike for all the crummy noise... and all the annoyed looks from EVERYBODY I rode past. The only people that think you're cool when you're making that much noise are morons, everyone else pretty much just looks at you like a migrane.

sleepwker said:
I've been riding for a few weeks now with my new D&D's installed and they are LOUDDDDDD. Thats why I put them on like you I wanted loud. I heard them on a few sportbikes and that's what sparked my interest. Now you can be in your back yard 60 yards from me and your going to turn your head to see whats rolling down the road in front of your house. I love it.....
Come in front of my house after midnight, I'll even give you seventy yards...

birdshot doesn't do much damage at that range. :ale:

:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
LOUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Everyone's entitled to an opinion of loud or not loud so let it rip 20 valves. The only problem I have with attitudes like your is that all performance vehicles be it cars or bikes or boats have always had somewhat louder exhausts. I don't agree either with the thought that loud pipes save lives but actually paying attention and riding with some common sense does. Those of us that like the louder sound like the rush of the horespower in the vibrations and sound waves. So to each his own and let whoever continue to lobby against the loudness because it won't do much good. Bikes will always be on the loud side, go fire up any new large cruser on the showroom floor and pay attention.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Re: LOUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

sleepwker said:
Bikes will always be on the loud side, go fire up any new large cruser on the showroom floor and pay attention.
They're definintely NOT straightpipe loud. :crylarf:

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Re: LOUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

sleepwker said:
Everyone's entitled to an opinion of loud or not loud so let it rip 20 valves. The only problem I have with attitudes like your is that all performance vehicles be it cars or bikes or boats have always had somewhat louder exhausts. I don't agree either with the thought that loud pipes save lives but actually paying attention and riding with some common sense does. Those of us that like the louder sound like the rush of the horespower in the vibrations and sound waves. So to each his own and let whoever continue to lobby against the loudness because it won't do much good. Bikes will always be on the loud side, go fire up any new large cruser on the showroom floor and pay attention.
Thanks for permission to express my opinion. You're simply wrong about noise being equal to performance. And you haven't talked about "somewhat" louder until now. The subject line seems to not say "somewhat loud."

We agree that "loud pipes save lives" is complete nonsense.

Your next three statements aren't nearly as well informed. If you think people pissed off by loud pipes are not having an effect, you need to take your own advice, pay attention. The AMA spends big bucks fighting proposed bike bans all the time. So I and other AMA members get to pay to keep idiot legislation off the books due to loud pipes like yours.

To each his own and you want to be heard 60 yards away? Very confusing. My quiet pipes don't disturb you, your loud pipes disturb everyone. How is that to each his own? I have heard stock cruisers, no problem. Straight pipes, BIG problem.

As far as your viewpoint, are you 16? That could explain a lot except a 16 year old wanting an FJR.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts