FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahoy Maties!

New to the website ... strongly considering an '06 FJR1300 ...

I am 6'5" tall; 37" inseam; Size 15 boot ...

Will the FJR work for me without 'folding, spindiling, mutilating' me?

How about 2 up?

I own an ST1100 with a Double Diamond seat and that is 'tight' !

I wish you all a Merry Christmas from Nebraska - USA !

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well the 06 does have an adjustable seat but not sure it will be enough!! If I was as tall as you I certainly wouldnt be putting any money down without trying one for a good long ride first.
I'm 5'10 & the FJR is perfect for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im 6 5 and havent had the pleasure of the test ride yet but I ordered the 06 A, I read a review somewheres from a rider that was 6 4 and loved how the 05 "fit" as for two up the weight capacity might be a problem, I look forward to posting a factual post hopfully sometime in may "keeping My fingers crossed"

·
Registered
372 Posts
Been there. I am 6'6" tall, 37" inseam, 225lbs. I wasn't going to put any $$ down until I had a chance to ride the beast. My dealer, back in the spring of '03 let me take out an '03 that was on the showroom floor. I had two glorious hours on it. Got off and knew I had finally found what I was looking for. Ordered the '04abs model. The rest is history. I have done some serious mileage on the FJR. Comfort suits me well. I like the bars where they are, use the stock seat with a sheep skin cover when it is really warm out.
I am confident you will feel good on the bike.
Oh, yes, welcome to the board Huskie and Merry Christmas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts