FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2012 FJR Blue Beauty, 2014 FJR Hot Red Head, +++
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have suggestions / pictures of alternatives to the FJR side case emblems? Found one link from years ago but the photo had apparently disappeared.

Maybe using reflective tape, a 3-D printer, or ??? Winter is getting too long for me to sit idle.

Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
2014 FJR1300
5 Posts
Does anyone have suggestions / pictures of alternatives to the FJR side case emblems? Found one link from years ago but the photo had apparently disappeared.

Maybe using reflective tape, a 3-D printer, or ??? Winter is getting too long for me to sit idle.

Thanks, Eric
I found these across the pond.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Look at pre-2013 parts diagrams and you can get them on this side of the pond too.
Thanks for mentioning the Yamaha labels available as a Gen 2 part. Has anyone seen an alternative for the long skinny piece that is chromed metal on Gen 3 bikes and black plastic on Gen 2?

·
Registered
2014 FJR-A
96 Posts
Has anyone seen an alternative for the long skinny piece that is chromed metal on Gen 3 bikes and black plastic on Gen 2?
Not sure just which you prefer, and not sure how this compares with the OEM pricing since I'm not really shopping for myself. But I came across these while surfing. Thought you, and maybe others, might be interested and / or willing to take a chance.
I'm not the seller, not related to the seller, receive no financial benefit for referring to them and can't vouch for the quality of the item or the seller's integrity; I just do this for my amusement!!

YAMAHA FJR SIDE PANNIERS 3D MOTORCYCLE STICKER EMBLEM BADGE LOGO MOTORBIKE DECAL | eBay

(Edit) BTW, if anyone does buy these, please let the rest of us know how you like them.
If you like them, I might buy some of them, too !!

dan

"Happiness is having a large, caring, close-knit family in another city." —George Burns

Reactions: TooManyBikes

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,764 Posts
Not sure what the OP wants, his strips should already be black, just a matter of what emblem....... and AFAIK, there weren't any issues (of adhesion) on the black strips.

The ones Dan posted look good for those not wanting chrome on Gen3-up. I prefer the black personally. No logo would be just fine with me too.

Reactions: TooManyBikes

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Dan and Ray! Was wondering if there were any options to using the stock Yamaha trim strips. The link Dan provided for logo free black strips is the sort of information I was seeking. Has anyone seen anything done creative with the trim strips or the sides of the cases using reflective materials?

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,764 Posts
All I've ever seen until that link is replacement logos. I say keep the original black strip, and the logo.
As far as reflective goes, once upon a time there were some stripe kits that went on the front fairings, and there was a triangular piece for the upper part of the bags at one time.
Europe got a factory stripe effect as standard or may have been an option, I'm not sure it was reflective, probably not.

Ask Alex if he still sells the upper piece, I think so. Note also the decal kit for the front fairings Gen2. There are more photos if you dig in a bit.

Photo of the European version........

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Another one with what looks like a reflective patch on the bottom of the bags........ design idea.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 11 of 11 Posts