Fjrowners.com banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Did you have a tumble!? both sides have road rash, oh it must have been somethin!! I'm always ATGATT, I'm just saying that's for me, cuz one never knows when.......

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here a few photos of my favorite helmet & presently the only helmet I ride with for the last four years ,Shoei RF-1200 ,MARQUEZ, light ,good peripheral viewing ,fits like a glove ,hi-quality & probably not the quietest helmet but I like to hear the engine, was a nice upgrade from the scorpion .The helmet thankfully is scuff mark free except for some very minor dings it got from falling to the ground off the saddle ,only one time in the 18 years riding in Canada & the US I thought I was going to hit the pavement ,was on my 2009 V-Max entering the trans Canada from a secondary hi-way where I almost collided with a big ford ,was another coat of paint away from making contact ,my bad ,the v-max just wanted to go straight ,unfortunately the v-max is no longer with me but it's definitely a bike I could see back in my garage one day.

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sharp looking helmet Pablo!

Shoei's are great - had one in the 80's, and I've got an X-Eleven I will take some pics and post up later.

This is a great thread - was actually planning on starting one up with the same theme, lol!

I have 3 lids currently, but only have good pics of one of them, my AGV K3 SV "Attack":

It's obnoxiously bright, which is what I like about it, even though it doesn't match either of my bikes!

ECE2205 rated. Used to only consider Snell rated helmets, but after some reading, I'm good with either Snell or ECE2205 (both are a cut above DOT).

The internal drop down visor in this helmet is great!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@trini67pablo - Nice!

@RedRockFJRider14 - Got a better finish than a lot of bikes.

@Mr_Ed - Sure, why not... ;-)

Did you have a tumble!? both sides have road rash, oh it must have been somethin!! I'm always ATGATT, I'm just saying that's for me, cuz one never knows when.......
Yip. Since mid 2018 been roll'n with kevlar organic pads. Knew for long time they suck in the wet, and are HORRIBLE in the cold + wet. Since they were great in the dry, I didn't take it seriously and would even forget between rains. Replacing them was low priority. Finally bit me. I'm back on metallic pads. Will just have to replace the rotors more often, which I was trying to avoid by going organic. (worked great for the cars) So in the cold wet, there's literally a two to eight second delay before the pads had any bite. I counted. To get some heat in them and dry them off, could ride the front brake. That usually took care of the problem for awhile. Not that day though. Rotors may have been a little contaminated, which is irrelevant. Well, I simply got too aggressive with it. Riding the brake fairly hard, the (bald) front tire suddenly locked. I immediately let off not realizing that I also needed to change my throttle input. So add sudden acceleration to a front tire that had already started to go sideways and... nothing more I could do. It all happened way too quick. Came off at least 40MPH. Leather, layers, jeans, layers, boots, gloves all did their job. Somehow both the bike and I got off easy. Maybe the wet road? Lost a swing-arm spool, cracked the stator case and some rash on one fairing which I already had a backup for and that's mostly it. I'll have to replace some (expensive) heated gloves but the rest I'll keep as a reminder... quit being cheap LoL.

·
Registered
36 Posts
One of the reasons I went with the red helmet was for better visibility ,five years ago a friend of mine was t-boned right in front of me ,wasn't even in town with lot's of traffic it was out in the country ,he survived but the bike didn't ,so the next oppurtunity to buy a helmet I knew I had to go for the red thinking it might just save my life .

·
Premium Member
3,250 Posts
I knew I had to go for the red thinking it might just save my life .
As long as you never ride at night.

Mine's white. And boring. Do you really need a picture? :)
We have a lot in common:
My Arai Signet-Q (due to be replaced this year) is white.
My 2013 FJR is dark gray.
And I have an old Kawasaki.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
As long as you never ride at night.

We have a lot in common:
My Arai Signet-Q (due to be replaced this year) is white.
My 2013 FJR is dark gray.
And I have an old Kawasaki.
I was leading a small group of 5 bikes a few years ago in the rain, and the guy on the last bike commented about how much easier my helmet was to see on that gray, rainy day than all the multicolored helmets between. I've never really thought that much about conspicuity, but that was interesting.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Here is what mine looks like, too lazy to go to the garage and take a picture
Same.... easier to snag web pics. One is my avatar also.
Plus more than I'll list as some some collectors like the autographed Joey Dunlop Arai and an autographed **** Doohan.
And yes, I have 1 each of the X-14 Brink and 1 each of the Arai Planet graphics. :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
That's cheating. But OK :)

When riding the FJR, this one.

When riding the ZRX, this one

·
Registered
187 Posts
One of the reasons I went with the red helmet was for better visibility ,five years ago a friend of mine was t-boned right in front of me ,wasn't even in town with lot's of traffic it was out in the country ,he survived but the bike didn't ,so the next oppurtunity to buy a helmet I knew I had to go for the red thinking it might just save my life .
I was leading a small group of 5 bikes a few years ago in the rain, and the guy on the last bike commented about how much easier my helmet was to see on that gray, rainy day than all the multicolored helmets between. I've never really thought that much about conspicuity, but that was interesting.
One of my other hobbies is (bi)cycling - roadie.

I always wear fluorescent orange or neon green tops or jackets. IMO makes a huge difference in being visible, especially in this age of distracted drivers texting and working on their music playlists while driving.

I have noticed myself when I see someone in those bright colors how much quicker my eyes pick up on them from a distance.

Even wear a geeky orange vest over my leather jacket on most rides on the FJR.....
I'm too old to worry about losing cool points.

:wink2:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ruroc Shuriken. Nice lightweight carbon helmet. Wind noise is horrible though. Always wearing my custom earplugs.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
That helet looks awesome...gotta say though MANYMANY years ago they did a study ( my mid id FILLLLLLLEDDD ) with useless facts :) that showed the only color that seemed to make a difference in visibility to cagers is...YELLOW...I would have thought white .... and NOPE! I dont own a yellow helmet I have 3 backs a silver and a red/silver

1 - 20 of 46 Posts