FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need new helmet and am thinking about the X 11.

Tried one on and liked the fit (but who knows, after a few hours, how its going to feel). Like the fact the complete interior liner is removeable for cleaning. Pricy at $600.00.

Anyone have any experience with this lid?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good experience with the X11

I've went thru several helmets over the last couple of years with disappointing results until I landed on the X11. I ride in Northern Cal year round (3 hrs/day) and require the helmet to be fog free, waterproof (around the visor), well ventilated, quiet and easy to use. The X11 does all of this well.

I've also have a Symax, CL-11 and Schuberth S1. None work as well in all conditions as the X11.

Hope this helps...

Jim

·
Registered
17 Posts
+2 on the X-11. Superb venting in the heat of summer, quick disconnect face sheild and all day comfort to boot.

helmet harbor offers good prices and it might be slightly cheaper at road riders san jose. Call them both to compare prices

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Happy X-11 users here too (both Zea and myself). Have done many 8hr+ days. No complaints, and specially like the quick-release for the visor, as when we are travelling day into night it is very easy to swap to a clear visor (I ride with the tint during the day, which is a very relaxing tint - no eyestrain).

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Very helpful and good to hear all three respones are positive toward the helmet. Sounds like that's the way I'll be going.
Coming from a Shoei Syncrotech and am looking forward to the new helmet, even more now, based on your comments. :D

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I also own an X11 and it is the best venting helmet I've ever used, period. Not the quietest but that is a function of the superb venting. It is plenty quiet though (I wear ear plugs). Skyway is right on Helmet Harbor, I've done business with them and their service is quick and painless and they are always within a buck or two of the lowest price, if not the lowest.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I didn't get to read all the comments on this thread so maybe I'm repeating something. I bought an Arai' for two reasons. One is reputation and the second because it's the only one that fits may head correctly. An added benefit is you can trade it in and get a new one. The technician will measure for proper fit and get you the right model. I had one for about 3 years and went to one of the AMA races where they had an Arai booth. The guy gave me $100 tradein towards a model that was on sale so it only cost $325 for a new RX7 Corsair. It's normally about $699. Plus, you're getting one of the top rated helmets made.

My 4 cents (inflation) worth

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good points, number2.

I guess it all comes down to what fits best. The Shoei fits me very well. It has been quite awhile since I tried an Arai. I will do so this weekend. I have alway's heard that the two manufactures were rather distinctive in their fit. You either had a Shoei head or an Arai head.

I wonder what Arai does with their used helmets? Do they salvage parts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts