FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new sheepskin seat covers arrived today from "Sheepy Hollow" for my 06 FJR. I had them on my previous FJR's as well, and the new ones are up to the same high standard as the old ones. I am very pleased with them.
see http://www.sheepyhollow.com/home.htm

Here are some pictures of them.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Bernie,

"They look Baah... Baah... Beautiful Bro!!!"
:crylarf:

I bet you won't ever see that "Mega-sore-ass" again. They look very comfy.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Just need some furry dice dangling from the windshield now..

BTW..I think I knew that Sheep in a previous form.. :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Dwavey said:
With all the strange animals Down Under it's no surprise that they have sheep shaped like a FJR seat :crylarf:
Mate, leave our animals alone:
:crylarf: :crylarf:

·
Registered
60 Posts
david1300 said:
Dwavey said:
With all the strange animals Down Under it's no surprise that they have sheep shaped like a FJR seat :crylarf:
Mate, leave our animals alone:
:crylarf: :crylarf:
Hey, I saw one of those when I was in Caloundra a couple of years ago, but that was after a whole bunch of XXXX's :ale: Took it over to Steve Irwin's zoo and fed it to one of the crocs while Steve stood there and said 'Crikey!' :crylarf:

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Dwavey said:
Hey, I saw one of those when I was in Caloundra a couple of years ago, but that was after a whole bunch of XXXX's
Did you maybe get to see one of these too?

Actually, that's enough piccies of our animals, or we'll have Sherlock showing up on this thread :mrgreen:

·
Registered
60 Posts
david1300 said:
Dwavey said:
Hey, I saw one of those when I was in Caloundra a couple of years ago, but that was after a whole bunch of XXXX's
Did you maybe get to see one of these too?

Actually, that's enough piccies of our animals, or we'll have Sherlock showing up on this thread :mrgreen:
Nope. I had heard that those things only came out at dawn and went back into hiding by mid-morning; there were so many Aussie beers and wines to try (and of course we had to have more than one to make sure we got a true taste), so we weren't able to wake until the crack of noon :ale:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Bernie said:
My new sheepskin seat covers arrived today from "Sheepy Hollow" for my 06 FJR. I had them on my previous FJR's as well, and the new ones are up to the same high standard as the old ones. I am very pleased with them.
see http://www.sheepyhollow.com/home.htm
Here are some pictures of them.
The covers look good, and no doubt are comfortable. I am just curious how much harder they would make sliding a chick over when during hard cornering, surely they would tend to make your butt stay in the seat?
Sorry couldn't help myself, have to ask, it that a trailer hitch you've got on your 06FJR? :shock: Now there's a farkle you don't see every day :mrgreen:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a trailer hooked up behind my 05 tows quite well, also tow the same trailer behind my 96 600 Bandit, done lots of miles towing a trailer behind teh 600.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
JamesK said:
I am just curious how much harder they would make sliding a chick over when during hard cornering, surely they would tend to make your butt stay in the seat?
When I am wearing leather pants I find the sheepskin quite slippery enough to move around very easily (I have the same as Bernie), and in my Draggin Cargo Pants not as slippery, but quite easy to move around.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
James, you mean "sliding a cheek over". You had me confused for a moment there, nowadays I prefer to slide my chicks around in a big double bed, maybe when I was 18 I would have done it on a bike. :mrgreen:

And, yes, that is a tow hitch.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This colour matching thing is a bugger. That trailer was originally blue to match my first 95 ST1100. :D

Then I bought a green 98 ST1100, and painted the trailer to match that. :D

Then I bought a blue 01 FJR, but it was too hard to paint the trailer again, so I left it green. :(

Then I bought a Jade 03 FJR, and the trailer nearly matched it. :D

Now I have a Desert Sand 06 FJR, and the trailer doesn't match again. :(

Oh, and the Givi top box has also been on all 5 bikes.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Bernie said:
James, you mean "sliding a cheek over". You had me confused for a moment there, nowadays I prefer to slide my chicks around in a big double bed, maybe when I was 18 I would have done it on a bike. :mrgreen:
And, yes, that is a tow hitch.
Bernie, my bad, it was getting a bit late when I was posting this message, so the spelling obviously suffered :oops:
Wow, I can't even imagine what kind of limitations a trailer places on the performance of the FJR, when doing anything other then going straight. Just wondering under what circumstances would you find yourself needing to pull a whole trailer behind a bike.
You'll note it's getting a bit late in the night again as I'm posting this reply, so chances are when you guys read this tomorrow you'll need to have your imagination at full throttle to interpret my ranting :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
david1300 said:
JamesK said:
I am just curious how much harder they would make sliding a chick over when during hard cornering, surely they would tend to make your butt stay in the seat?
When I am wearing leather pants I find the sheepskin quite slippery enough to move around very easily (I have the same as Bernie), and in my Draggin Cargo Pants not as slippery, but quite easy to move around.
David, thanks for clearing that up, I'm just wondering what happens when it rains, I don't imagine your run out and pull the sheepskins off the bike, and if not, than they must get and stay wet for some time or do you scotch guard them or something similar?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
James, the trailer has very little effect on the bikes handling, I have on occassion dragged my footpegs while towing. You need a little more space to stop, and you soon learn not to cut corners, but I would far rather pull a trailer than load up the bike with mountains of gear.

When touring with a Sheila, it's the only way to go. I hardly ever put my side panniers on, just open the trailer, throw in the gear, and close the lid. Easy.

And as for the sheepskins getting wet, it only takes about 2 minutes to put them on, and 30 seconds to take them off. When it looks like rain, I take them off and throw them in the top box or trailer, easy.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bernie said:
This colour matching thing is a bugger. That trailer was originally blue to match my first 95 ST1100. :D

Then I bought a green 98 ST1100, and painted the trailer to match that. :D

Then I bought a blue 01 FJR, but it was too hard to paint the trailer again, so I left it green. :(

Then I bought a Jade 03 FJR, and the trailer nearly matched it. :D

Now I have a Desert Sand 06 FJR, and the trailer doesn't match again. :(

Oh, and the Givi top box has also been on all 5 bikes.
What are ya, a chic that you can't make up your mind :wink: Could be that you were getting in touch with your feminine side :mrgreen:

Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts