FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Private Messages, what is the difference between the "Sent box" and the Outbox"?

I have some messages which I have replied to - and they are in the outbox. Does that mean people haven't read them?

Thanks for any info

Alan

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have messages for SilverFJR, Marshman, Bennie, Richie and a couple of others waiting to be read.

So, if anyone thinks they are waiting for messages from me, please read your PM's and/or contact me with an email address.

thanks

Alan

·
Registered
54 Posts
Outbox

messages in the outbox have NOT been sent yet--they are waiting to be sent. get online and hit send/receive--if they remain in the outbox you have a problem connecting online. once they are sent, they will move to the "sent" box.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure that's right.

First off, I can't see a send/receive button. Are you thinking of Outlook Express?
Secondly, the messages in 'outbox' are now only for Bennie and SilverFJR.

So, maybe they stay in 'outbox' until the receiver has read them?

regards

Alan

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Alan, some forum software has a limit on how many messages you can send in a set period (I think to stop spamming). If your messages are slowly moving from your outbox to sent, maybe there is something in this software that is delaying them. Did you try and send many in a short time?

IIRC the old board had a limit of 4 per hour (or 24 hrs, or something).

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahh - could be. Yes, they are slowly going down

·
Registered
74 Posts
alan sh said:
So, maybe they stay in 'outbox' until the receiver has read them?

regards

Alan
Thats exactly what they do Alan. Its a form of monitor so you know the recipient has read the message. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.