FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere that the new 06 FJR has a taller windscreen than the 05 models...
I have'nt spotted an 06 model yet, but I am wondering if that new 06 screen would fit the 05 or earlier models, since they are saying that it is an improvement/
Any thoughts from anyone who has seen an 06 model and noticed the screen mountings etc?

John.

·
Registered
144 Posts
jgm_fjr said:
I am wondering if that new 06 screen would fit the 05 or earlier models.
Any thoughts from anyone who has seen an 06 model and noticed the screen mountings etc?

John.
The screen mounting is different. But you have NOW a lot of choices for the 05 model. I use the Givi one and I'm quite pleased with it.

PS - The same goes for most of the other changes: they could not be retrofitted (it's more profitable to make you buy a new bike :wink: )

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The screen mounting is different. But you have NOW a lot of choices for the 05 model. I use the Givi one and I'm quite pleased with it.

PS - The same goes for most of the other changes: they could not be retrofitted (it's more profitable to make you buy a new bike :wink: )[/quote]

grrr...Well that's bloody typical, I guess. Not that I mind buying aftermarket screens, just that I went through a plethora(?) of models for my old Suzuki, and never really found what I considered a "great" one... (groan).
Ah well...

A question for you guys with aftermarket screens....I have it in my head that "taller" is not necessarily "better"...as this seems to have no real of an effect on buffeting etc...How have you all found screens on the FJR's to be, I wonder.
Thanks again

John.

·
Registered
215 Posts
IMOP the screen on th FJR is too far infront of the rider. The wind pocket is formed infront of the rider instead or well behind him.
A taller screed helps a little but is not the answer. I hope they change the positioning on the o6 as that is the only way to fix the wind problem

·
Registered
76 Posts
The whole mounting and angle will be changed from what I've seen. The " W " brace is a new design and the front nose fairing at the dash area is notched to allow the screen to be closer to the rider. I took a ton of pics at the west coast release a couple months ago. Here's one of the notched dash area

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the pics of the new screen arrangement Highlander...that shows the difference quite clearly...Nice new Mirrors to!...eeek!...maybe I should have waited...eeek!...LOL...Aw well..:)
John.

·
Registered
19 Posts
windsheiled

Walrus
Is that your bike with the Cal Sie sheild if so how do you like it. I am thinking about getting one been emailing the owner about it but looking for an unbiased opinion.
rogerfjrfaster :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Re: windsheiled

roger wheelock said:
Walrus
Is that your bike with the Cal Sie sheild if so how do you like it. I am thinking about getting one been emailing the owner about it but looking for an unbiased opinion.
No, the picture is from the Cal Sie website.
In The Netherlands I know only one guy who has mounted one, and he is very satisfied.
But the fact that the Dutch police has them also had convinced me about the quality of this solution.

·
Registered
19 Posts
windsheild

Yes he has said in his last email that rain dose'nt pose a problem nor cold air as he lives in Seattle Wa, he should know about rain and cold air :D . I just need to save some money, lets see new seat, new windsheild, aux gas tank. Yea long rides and high speed eat up gas faster as qwe just got back monday the 21 of Nov from a 1k ride, Bob got 43 mph I got somewhere about 38-40 mph so higher speed deffinately need more onboard gas reserve.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts