FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the bike show at the NEC today and saw and sat on the new 2006 FJR.

First immpressions were its lower than my 2005 as I was able to put both feet flat on the floor and the seat is more comfortable as well. I was sitting more upright which is unusual as I seem to have short arms for my height ,even with helibars on my 2005 I still sit forward.

The cockpit looks nice and clean and the screen is so different with the shape of the fairings quite altered

The changes are many and various but even withstanding the electronic gear changing and the linked brakes I still found myself thinking Cor I like this . Colors well there was a gold one HMMM not sure about that one Gold is not my color , a silver one and that did look good and a blue with stripes and yes that looked good as well.

So as I only bought mine 4 months ago and am still in love with it I have decided that I will wait for 2007 and Hope and pray they reserect a RED one. So thats decided it gives me something to look forward to.

Apart from the damn good looking bikes at the show lots of them and not all of them FJRs it warmed the cockles of my heart to see all the dolly birds on all the stands .
So another good day out and the sun shone all day and the ride there and back was fun and the roads dry and grippy what more could I possibly want :shock:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I was there yesterday as well.

The seats were in the low position (I checked), so you will be sat slightly more upright.

I'm tempted, very tempted, I feel the Force is strong with this one....

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I saw/sat on the '06 Saturday in Fort Worth, Tx. New color is beautiful. Love the seating position. With seat all the way up and the bars forward one click, it'll feel a bit sportier than the current model which will be perfect for me. Not sure about the luggage rack. Flat top will be more practical but it looks like it needs a non slip cover of some sort.

E-clutch model trigger shift fell very nice. The gray button we've all been seeing controls the heated grips that come standard on the AE. Did not see where the test ride deal was going on and we got there late from a dirt bike ride so I didn't get to ride one dang it.

The R1LE is making me very weak, resistance is breaking down, I think they sell matching leathers too, the wheels, the suspension, that yellow and black paint...if I buy one can I sleep on someone's couch until Kim lets me back in the house?

The alloy frame dirt bikes are very nice too. R6 is VERY fine looking.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The crash bobbins will be stock accessory from Yamaha (partnumber 5VS-W0741-00-00).
The mirror cowlings are ment to protect your hands better from the wind.
Look in the Gallery for piccies (the french brochure).
Toon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.