FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about this folks, I dare say this is an old one but I'm new to the bike and the site - please bear with me!

The uk distributor for Cee Baileys (Woodys Importarium) sells aftermarket screens from +2 to +4 inches taller than standard, and +1 to +4 wider than standard!

For your average 5' 11 bloke how the H*** do you know what's the best buy for 70+mph distance work??

Any comments gratefully received.

Cheers,

Ian

·
Registered
19 Posts
what size screen

I have a CB +4+4 without the "flip". I've been advised against the "flip" because it distorts everything when you look through the section that is curved at the top.

That said, I'm 5'10" and I have a stock seat on the bike. With my screen in the full up position, my line of sight is just over the top of the screen so that you are not constantly looking through the line at the top of the screen. (If you ever rode a bike like that you know what I mean.) I do wear a full face helmet, and with the screen in the full up position, I am completely out of the buffet. The swirling air does push me forward a bit, but I can handle that over the constant sound of rushing air in my ears for hours on end. It really is remarkably quite behind the +4+4, even at highway speeds. If you're 5'11" I'd go with the +4 height without question for a quite, well protected ride. With the sheild down, I still get enough air around town when the temps are in the 90's, so I'm a happy camper with mine all year round.

Regarding the width. I have no objections with my +4. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably stick with it for the added wind protection, but completely up to you.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Im 5'-9" and have the +4 - +2 ceebailey w/o flip. In the full down position, it gives good protection with no buffeting. You will still get some wind noise, but still far better than stock. About 3/4 up it makes for almost still air. Its a perfect fit for me. No complaints from the missus either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
screens

Hi kingranch,

I followed your advice and bought the +4, +4 I am as pleased as you with the product. Yesterday I had a 350 mile motorway journey - what a difference.

Thanks for the advice. Ian :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts