FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks after I told my boss I wanted an FJR he put is CBR in the garage and bought a Silver 2004 FJR. I walked by his bike the other day and noticed he has cool FJR symbols on rear of his saddlebags. On the black section. Look like factory items. I coveted them. My 2005 is naked.

I know someone on the old forum was making reflective stickers to cover the entire rear of the saddlebags and lower portion of the trunk. This was good for visibilty.

I was wondering if someone is making just the Yamaha tuning fork symbol, just big enough to fit on the inside rear of the trunk. Reflective would be desired.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, this is close. What I am interested in is just the Yamaha Tuning fork symbol that would be visible in the daylight hours and have reflective qualities. Or perhaps the same FJR1300 emblems the 2004 has on it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey Alex,

The site says you have them in silver also. Is it silver all the time or clear and turns silver? I'll be expecting my FJR-AE anytime and just wondering if silver would look best with the cerulean blue.

Mel

·
Registered
405 Posts
pannier decals

I have a set on my 05. They work just fine at night, and during they day, they are almost invisible, not silver. They add a shine to the matte black section of the case, but don't look like they have a color of their own. If you get a set, follow the instructions carefully, you don't want to capture air bubbles under the decal. Loki

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was hoping for just the Yam symbol instead of the extensive piece of plastic. It would still have some visibility but be easier to apply. And while I'm requesting, I'd like them to have some color so they are visible in the daylight.

I ALWAYS get bubbles under large decals. Used to give me fits when I made model airplanes back in the day. In fact once I got so mad about bubbles I checked to see if the plastic plane could glide across the room.

Anyway. Barring an alternative I'll go with these.

·
Registered
405 Posts
decals

I don't see any reason you couldn't cut them down any way you want them before application. The problem would be getting them placed exactly the same so they didn't look off-balance when 'lit up'. I think you'll like them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The decals from Alex are very easy to put on,

Peal the backing off to just after the middle (top first),
Stick the middle bit first on the bend,
lay the top part down, pulling to keep straight, and smooth hand over going from mid point to outer top edge
get any small bubbles, smooth out or peal back and redo.
Then to the "under" side

Sounds a bit complicated but took about 2-3 mins to do both.

BTW. I cleaned my bags with hot soapy water and then, where the decals were to go, used white spirit since I had loads of back to black stuff on it.
The bags were warm because they were placed in the sun to dry off, so this may also help with applying the decals.

Leigh

·
Registered
3 Posts
qmotion said:
Hey Alex,

The site says you have them in silver also. Is it silver all the time or clear and turns silver? I'll be expecting my FJR-AE anytime and just wondering if silver would look best with the cerulean blue.

Mel
Sorry for the late reply qmotion, I can make them in all sorts of configurations from plain black/silver/red to printing different colors on them. The black and silver both reflect bright white. Red will of course reflect bright red. The silver reflective material is almost a exact match for the side pannels that we all have in silver. It is a few shades off of matching the 04 color.

If you want just the tuning fork in silver, no print that isn't a problem either. I could make it the same layout as the other ones (enlarged and off set) that would look pretty cool during the day as well as show up really bright at night!

Thanks,
Alex
Alex

1 - 15 of 15 Posts