FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is what I found when I dismantled the drive shaft to grease it, the bike is 2 1/2 years old with 15500 miles on the clock.

it is now fully lubed.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey Copper., that one looks to be one of the worst I`ve seen to date. Forgive my lack of geographical knowledge about your location...are you close to the ocean and/or, has the bike been ridden alot on wet/salted roads? Just curious, thats all... :ale:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm 70 miles from the sea as the crow flies, the previous owner rode it in all weathers apparently.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so does that mean we are not allowed to post anything thats been previously posted? instead we have to trawl through all the old postings to make sure we don't piss any one off :?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Course you can post new stuff. It's just like, it was a well covered topic on old site , with plenty of info etc.
This information is available , even to those living in the repubic of Yorkshire.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
coppertop said:
so does that mean we are not allowed to post anything thats been previously posted? instead we have to trawl through all the old postings to make sure we don't piss any one off :?
Hey Coppertop, I don't think your post upset anyone, so there's no need to take it that way. All that was said is that the board really needs a link etc. I see no criticsm of you or your post - just an expression of a desire to make it easier for people to find info. :lol:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Was going to post a "They all do that" reply.......but it looks like some other people got there first. :lol:

It is one of the penalties of riding the bike through british winters. Warmish weather plus salt on the roads, and a drive shaft housing that is open at the front end leads to rust. :(

However IMHO its mainly a cosmetic issue rather than worrying from an engineering point of view.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
LOL - yeah, no malicious intent.

What language y'all be speakin' over there? :p

:)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Now you know how the system works Coopertop Every one has a peetake, then the relevent sensible stuff starts.

See in warmer Southern side of UK , you dont get rust like that. To soft for all that around hear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts