FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for fjr riders in north east. I live in Rhode Island Have a 2006 on order for spring.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm in NJ, but I'm sure we'll meet up somewhere. I do alot of rides with the ST.N guys/gals. We're always all over New England.

Funny, I've never been to RI.

ROAD TRIP!!! :lol:

·
Registered
405 Posts
I am a Vermonter, just outside of Montpelier, with an 05. She's up for the winter, but am always looking for rides come the season. Not many Feejers up here, but lots of great rides, get in touch come the spring. A sweep through Cape Cod might be fun, especially running the white lines at the Canal bridges. Be in touch......

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am in Nova Scotia which is a little futher northeast. Rode from Halifax to Providence in September it took 10 hours so I am not that far away.

gypsy

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am looking foward to hooking up with some guys that love to ride.thanks for the feed back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I often go up to Vt. Rt 100, Mt Snow area and beyond, down MA and into RI - Canada ... Whatever... tried Rt 22 in NY up North and cross over into Vt. Real nice road.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Gypsy-I used to correspond on the old BB with a dude named Jronmayne who lived in N.S. or Cape Breton, I can't remember which. I don't think he made to switch to this BB, but on a prior trip to Cape Breton, he was very helpful with planning, routes, etc. You might try to reach him for a ride, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
touring the Northeast

I would also be interested in getting together for a ride around the Maine, NH and Ma area. I just picked up my 05 Fjr a couple months ago and cant wait to take a trip. I cant wait for Americade 06

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ha guys i like to crank it up in the twisties hope to have some good riding partners .Connetticut also has some great riding if anyone wants to get together if my fjr is not in i can use my harley you might be suprised on how i ride this beast.

·
Registered
10 Posts
NH,MA,RI,ME touring

I would be interested in some nice twisties. I also had a harley for a while. Got tired of the same old thing. Love the Fjr. I would be interested in some day trips if anyone is interested. Look me up in the spring. It seems so far away....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ha lowell is around the corner from RI. I'll get in touch with you in the spring.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Gotta 06 coming and can ride with anyone in tha Northeast. Just make a post to all Northeast Riders on the particulars and I will be there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Another Mass rider

I live out in the Brookfields and will be picking up a new 06 at D+H cycle this Spring. I sold my 03 FJR and bought a Roadstar. I did not like the cruiser at all. The Roadstar is a great bike, just not for me. I am originally from Barre,VT and ride up there often. I would love to hook up with some New England riders. :D

·
Registered
372 Posts
Just a thought for you people looking for riding buddies. I have used the Sport touring forum STN.net great bunch of people and their website has area specific sections so you can hook up with a few new faces. Believe me there are a few of them out there, much bigger group.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There are lots of us out here from the New England area. There was an active discussion going on for a while (may still be) at the other fjrfoum about a NE-FOG gathering. Perhaps the spring weather will rekindle some interest.
I love riding northern New England: Moosehead and Rangely regions, White Mountains, Green mountains, even an occasional blast to the Adirondacks and Montreal. No shortage of excellent riding in the Northeast. I caged it up to Nova Scotia last summer with the fam. That would make an excellent riding destination also.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Northeast

I've mapped out a Dack ride that will take me from predawn til after dark. I'll post the ride when the time comes so we can meet up for breakfast on the Adirondak Trial.

FjReady,
Did you do Cabot Trail? Which direction is the way to go? Clockwise or counterclockwise? Enough questions? :D

·
Registered
405 Posts
Mr Bill, I did the Cabot Trail last August, clockwise. It is a great ride, altho got caught in a 2 day rainstorm (rode right through most of it). Another rider, Gypsy, was full of info as he lives in NS. He recommends counter-clockwise. He may well have a point, as I ended up pulling out of one place after anothr to keep ahead of the tour buses which seemingly just go round and round. That part was a definite drag, I hate breathing that crap and passing on the Trail requires a certain HIT IT NOW attitude. Rated as one of the 5 best rides in the world.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts