FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I little story about a ride i had this past summer.I was riding north on rout 100 in vermout om my harley lowrider i was having a great day. I passed a group of sport bike riders who were taking a break on the side of the road.I stopped to take a leak and waited to see if they were going to pass me. Just as i got ready to go i could see them coming up the road so i got on my bike and headed out infront of them i waited for them to get on my tale and began cranking throu the turns i figured they would swallow me up in no time.Kept it up for a good 5 miles I was coming out of a turn about 85 mph and crossed over the yellow line and my back end started to wobble allmost lost it, to close for comfort slowed it down a bit and let the sport riders pass me. I followed these guys for about another 10 miles right on there ass. We stopped at stop sign and one of the guys opened his helmet and i said i'll try to keep up. He then said to me i htink was the other way around. I then headed in the other direction it was time to cool off.I know these were very suprised to see me ride this hard on a beast. FJR coming in spring man it;s going to be a great year

·
Registered
71 Posts
seems faster the closer you are to the ground.... :D

your gonna love that inline 4 1298 cc beast...

better get some muscle relaxers ready, that smile just wont come off your face.... 8)

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
... and unless you've got that LoRider jacked up about 3 feet, you're gonna have a lean angle epiphany.

I spent a week on a LoRider in Florida last spring... that thing scraped all over the place before I got out of the PigglyWiggly parking lot. I don't know how you'd get the bike leaned over enough to approach any friction point of the tires, without hitting a slick spot.

Ride carefully, good buddy. Sometimes there's cars coming the other way on the other side of those pesky lines.

:)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Actually, there's often an errant vehicle on OUR side of those pesky lines!!
I still have flashbacks of riding through the hills of North Carolina. :shock:

·
Registered
191 Posts
amen amain. Two weeks ago on a great road here (Brushy Mountain Rd.) a kid racing another car crossed in front of me as I approached a left-hander. Stood up on the ABS and moved over enough to give his fish-tailing ass passage. Three seconds earlier & I'd be writing about the "dramatic end to my mid-Winter ride." Thank you, Guardian Angel!

·
Registered
426 Posts
There are plenty other states trying to compete for the honor but NC is the worst in my book for having the most drivers with absolutely no respect for a yellow line. And it's not just the Duke Boys either. Farmers, loggers, soccer moms... a complete waste of traffic paint!

·
Registered
71 Posts
My brother in law has a VTX and he scrapes around alot of corners....hes always sayin " slow down ! "

but I aint goin fast im waitin on him :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts