FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just a few pics of our 5000k trip to the MotoGP

Me & my trusty sidekick

No run through Bathurst is complete without a run around Mt Panorama

had to leave my "L" plate on

More FJRs in Cooma than you could poke a stick at

·
Registered
46 Posts
A couple of the guys I went to school with - Moustaches & motorbikes :roll:

Michelle finally finds her way to Lakes Entrance, with Julie & Allen

Me & Julie at the Nobbies on Phillip Island

The gangs all here

Julie posing

And Julie falling on her arse :lol:

Some of the "spring" wildlife we encountered

·
Registered
46 Posts
More Phillip Island

After a hard days riding, a man needs a good feed, so I ordered a couple of large pizzas :roll: Crikey they were huge, but we managed to get rid of most of it

No ride down south is complete without a run up the Great Ocean Road

fantastic views

Pillions "cam" view

and for those planning to do this ride, you must take a flight over the Twelve Apostles

There was a weight restriction for this jigger, but I scraped in - I thinks his scales were wrong :lol:

Money well spent, had to leave the FJR in the parking lot

Hope you enjoyed these pictures as much as we enjoyed taking them

·
Registered
215 Posts
Fantastic pictures of teh GOR. One of these days I will get there.
I tried in 1974 on my honeymoon, Wife got car sick so I had to turn around and go back to melbourne.
Should have traded the wife then and there. However still married to the same women and still have not been on the GOR

ONE OF THESE DAYS?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Great pics fastdevil.

Belly, that must have been where I made my mistake. I travelled the GOR on my honeymoon and travelled all the way to Adelaide. If I had turned back to melbourne, do you think my marriage might have lasted?

·
Registered
97 Posts
GOR

Hiya Phil,

Great pics, had to look at them at work though, too slow at home... They must be able to be bigger than 50k now...

Anyway, I travelled the GOR a few years ago now and wasn't all that impressed, really.... On the maps it looks like the road follows the coast for the bulk of it, but I am sure you noticed it does not and you can spend a lot of time away from the most scenic part...

The parts that it deos touch the coast are truly magnificent, its a pity you have to try and watch where your riding at the same time ! Apollo Bay was nice.

Having just been to Tassie (hired a car whilst there) it has some really nice roads with just as good a scenery, if you could time the weather right, that would also be a awsome ride...

Cheers,

Atlas

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Atlas

Have planned a group ride to Tassie next October, I was born and raised over there and have been back a couple of time just to ride the roads.
Wanna come? :lol:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Loved your pictures mate, can't wait to get over their and explore. Have to wait until 2007, but I'll be there.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Phil, this piccie was taken in March at the lookout near where you took the chopper flight. The 'apostle' closest to Zea, immediately to the right of her, fell about two months later and is now completely gone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts