FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I love Astoria but for another reason!

Holding the 40 lbs Chinook Salmon I caught with my friends (and co-workers) on the Columbia River out towards the Pacific Ocean.
Awesome! I know exactly where you were standing, I took some of the pics about 50 yds to the left on the main pier entrance. If it hasn’t changed that is.

·
Registered
2021 FJR
217 Posts
Thanks for the photos. Astoria is one of my favorite places to visit and I have quite a few times although not since I got my FJR. My last time out was in October 2017 to run the Great Columbia Crossing 10K. They bussed us over to Washington and then we ran back to Astoria across the bridge. Here's a photo I shot the morning after the race.

Atmosphere Black Rectangle Black-and-white Grey

Reactions: SunnyRides

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks for the photos. Astoria is one of my favorite places to visit and I have quite a few times although not since I got my FJR. My last time out was in October 2017 to run the Great Columbia Crossing 10K. They bussed us over to Washington and then we ran back to Astoria across the bridge. Here's a photo I shot the morning after the race.
Nice. The bridge covered in fog. That never happens :)

·
Registered
2020 FJR
33 Posts
Really great pictures. I live on the other side of this great country so it's been a long time since my las ride up the 101. There are some great rides on the East coast but, IMHO, the West Coast can't be beat.

Reactions: SunnyRides

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
While we don’t have some of the scenery other parts of the country have around here, Oregon’s coast line is fairly well known for it’s unique beauty. Lucky to be here but been here my whole life so I need to get out and see the rest of the country (not via airplane). I should buy a bike and do some touring ;)

·
Registered
2021 FJR
217 Posts
While we don’t have some of the scenery other parts of the country have around here….
IMO, every part of the country has great scenery. Some places are assertive in their scenery and follow trends, you know, like snow capped mountains, fall colors, and the like. In many other places, one has to take the time to discover the beauty that is understated and requires a bit of work on the part of the viewer. I tend to enjoy the latter quite a bit.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
IMO, every part of the country has great scenery. Some places are assertive in their scenery and follow trends, you know, like snow capped mountains, fall colors, and the like. In many other places, one has to take the time to discover the beauty that is understated and requires a bit of work on the part of the viewer. I tend to enjoy the latter quite a bit.
Completely agree. On my wish list this year was the Grand Canyon and Yosemite. Well the floods knocked Yosemite out of the consideration in late June. Grand Canyon was a bit too far without better plans and time. I had a 2 week vacation, of which 1 week was getting the new seat put on in N California so Grand Canyon was being overly optimistic, but there still next year!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts