FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, anyone know of parts available to change an 04 FJR over to reverse shift pattern (aka GP shift......1 up, 4 down)??? Got my 04 in Febuary. All my stuff is reverse shift except the FJR. Took the CBR out today - hadn't been on it in a while :) - and missed like 3 shifts!! That'll wad me up at the track!! - Thanks, Elliott

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Henry, not a permanent one that I'm 100% satisfied with. In the interim, I've just reversed the shift linkage like I've done on sportbikes many times. This only works when the geometry of the bike allows it to though. On CBRs, ZX's and all it works real well and you can adjust the pedal into position no problem. On the FJR when you just reverse it, the shift is TOO quick and the pedal can't be lowered far enough for my liking. I'm gonna work on it when I get time - which might be awhile!! If you find out anything, let me know!! Elliott

·
Registered
22 Posts
My CBR also has reverse shift. After riding conventional bikes for several weeks, I took out the CBR. Left the development and got a full throttle 2nd gear instead of 3rd. Broke the tire loose, got some tank slapper action, both legs straight out like Superman. The neighbors in the mini-van were applauding, I was in full pucker mode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts