FJR Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 and need to replace the clutch switch. Tried all the obvious cleaning but got nowhere. Bile will only start in neutral. Does anyone have tips on where the wires from the switch attach to the wiring harness? Do I need to remove any of the fairings? If so which ones. It's hard to see where the current wires go as they down toward the frame. Any tips help or pictures would be appreciated . thanks.

· Premium Member
Current FJR's 2 2011's Past FJR's 2003 2x2005 2008 2010 2013
127 Posts
did mine on the '13...wires ran down and forward on the LH side of fairing behind headlamps...not too big of a job...went in blind and only took about and hour from running to riding

· Registered
2013 FJR1300A, 2003 FZ1 "Bee"
804 Posts
Hmmm, never tried to start mine in gear.... is that a thing now ?

· Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
10,078 Posts
I often start mine in gear, it's not a big deal. Been doing it since about 1975 :sneaky:, about the same time I learned to ALWAYS park in 1st gear. That was when my 90cc rolled off the side stand.

· Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Hmmm, never tried to start mine in gear.... is that a thing now ?
Not really a thing. But I'll give you an example of why it's good to have that ability. My old ST1300 would not be real responsive to the throttle when it got hot (as in sitting in summer traffic hot). It would, on occasion stall pulling away from a standstill. Being able to pull in the clutch and just hitting the starter button is way easier than getting a foot down, shifting into neutral, starting the bike, putting it in gear and then pull away again.

Sometimes with aftermarket levers the clutch switch wouldn't engage correctly forcing a rider to find neutral and do the process above.

· Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,859 Posts
Bob you might want to check...do believe there was a recall...no cost to owner
The recall was for the front brake light switch, not the clutch switch. However, I would check the clutch lever adjustment to be sure.

· Premium Member
4,267 Posts
The recall was for the front brake light switch, not the clutch switch. However, I would check the clutch lever adjustment to be sure.
Well, yes, but the recall was for a cruise control problem. Because the CC control line goes through both handlebar switches (in addition to the rear brake switch and the throttle body assembly), either could cause a CC problem. See Page 2 (brake circuits) and Page 5 (CC circuits) of my wiring diagram.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts