FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Need some help :?
I have done a search through the site but keep getting conflicting advice on replacement mirrors for my 2001 Model.
When I got my FJR the mirrors have had a bit of a hard life and are rather badly marked on the back (look very bad).
Looking to replace them and some say go for the R1 Mirrors and some say go for the Fazer 1000 Mirrors?

Found some on FleBay :
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-FZR-10...061128876QQcategoryZ10490QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Are these the ones I should get?

Much appreciate the help and advice given in my requests for help :D

Many Thanks

Colin

·
Registered
632 Posts
I wish you'd said you needed some. I have a spare set of orginals sitting in the garage.....

Alkamoto are the ones to replace if you don't want original ones. They are for a Fazer 1000.

Alan

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info :D

I did find those other two threads Rabbit but there are also a few threads that say go for R1 mirrors ????

Thanks Alan but it was YOU that made me look at the other mirrors after what you said about them when you had them on your old FJR :wink:

have asked a question regards the EBay ones. I take it I should go for the Pattern ones rather than the OEM ones then :?

Cheers

Colin

·
Registered
632 Posts
Yes. The pattern ones from Alkamoto.

Actually, I do have a LH one of those in the garage as well. Bought it when I snapped the joint on one - but fixed it before this one arrived.

It's amazing what I bought for my '04.... [I also found replacement horn wiring and a set of horns which I never got around to fitting]

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bought some from EBay off a guy that bought some pattern ones for his Fazer.
The bike then got nicked (he's not happy :( ) got them for less than Alkamoto are selling them for so fingers crossed they will be OK :D
Thanks for the help

Colin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.