FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this was mentioned before but I cannot seem to find the post about it.

What is the best way to remove the saddlebag reflectors?

Heat them with a blow dryer then remove?

Thanks,

Boof

·
Registered
372 Posts
That is the tried and true technique. If your are planning on doing it, do it soon, as there were those that reported the colour of the paint under the reflector changed with time.
good luck.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rocket.......

The bike is 1.5 yrs old (no tick tick at all by the way) but since I am going to paint it in August anyhow, maybe I'll take them off still.

Boof

·
Registered
153 Posts
Remove sticker

Use a Heat Gun, more heat than a blow dryer (go see Steinel on Primo website www.primoinc.com, very good stuff made in Germany)

An after than you could remove the glue with Orang-A-Tang, industrial product from Dustbane ( works great and have an Orange smell )

Sould work good !!!

I use the Orang-A-Tang on my rims to remove brake's dusk, works great !!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
also Eucalyptus oil works well, and a heat gun is the way to go.
we also use Wax & Grease Remover ( Prepsol) among other things.

·
Registered
737 Posts
rocketdoc said:
If your are planning on doing it, do it soon, as there were those that reported the colour of the paint under the reflector changed with time.
good luck.
+1

Mine had changed color, and the bike ('03) was only 4 weeks old. I think the glue is the culprit that discolors the paint.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@rocket - something along the lines of this is what I was thinking of for the new paint job. It was the color of my stolen BUSA :cry: , I really like(d) the color.

Anybody really handy with a Paintshop program, maybe put this color on an FJR for me !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts