FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I need an answer fast, 'cause I waited to the last minute! I need a new FRS that will work well with my spankin' new Autocom. My old Motorola Talkabout pulses on receive, and my Midland won't transmit. I cannot find a local retailer for the recommended Kenwood FreeTalk radios. Anyone have a good experience with another line?

·
Registered
32 Posts
FRS...

If you are in a hurry, you will be limited to an FRS radio that will work with the particular Autocom radio hookup cable you now have. Most of the Kenwoods and Midlands have seperate connectors for headset and microphone. Most of the other brands use a single connector for both, but the Motorola is wired differently.

If I was in a hurry, I would probably go to a Radio Shack and ask to carry a radio out to the bike to try it out before purchasing. They are usually good about allowing such if you explain the need to try it.

Otherwise, there is very little difference in any of these radios. If I was in a hurry, I would buy the first one I proved to work with my Autocom hookups, since they are relatively inexpensive.

I have an Autocom that I just took off my Busa today to reinstall on my '06 FJR when it comes in. I have hookups for the Motorola Talkabout series and the Yaesu VX-6/7 Amateur Radios.

I hope this helps...

too_many_hobbies

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.