FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '04 with about 14K mi. on it (I know - shame on me for not getting out more). Starting last year, the rear shock started creaking significantly. It sounded like the coil spring was rubbing against the housing around it. I couldn't find anything physically wrong with it, and neither could the dealership when I had it in for service. Recently, I started taking my son with me for short rides, and switched the rear shock setting from "soft" to "hard". Lo and behold, the noise went away, and I am finding the bike handles better in the corners. I am leaving it on the "hard" setting, but I am wondering if it is time for a replacement or aftermarket shock. I could blame it on my weight (265 ), but that hasn't changed since I got the bike. Has anyone had similar experiences? What's the word on aftermarket rear shocks?

TIA

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.