FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,272 Posts
I heard that 😳... makes me wonder why are they (the governments) selling motorcycles that are capable of speeds in excess of 300 km per hour, to us (general public)
I mean with most bikes you shift to 2nd and you are over the max speed limits....so why 6 gears, or 7 in New Wing? 🙂

Actually I know why: "if they would only sell bikes that go up to 110kph they would never make Trilions on speeding tickets...crooks

If they are so concerned about safety and wellbeing of people then why are they allowing the sales of "2 wheeled 320kph weapons"?
Check out next door in BC, I heard their impoundment threshold was 40 kph over.

Reactions: Damir

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,175 Posts
Russ, just curious about this vibration thing and convinced after your comments that it’s not a tire/wheel balance issue but more likely a “phase” problem in the drive train. So by chance did you ever try rotating the driveshaft 180deg on the splines to change the phasing maybe ?

like I said I’m just curious and it may improve it or worsen it ! Myself I never noticed it on my 14.

Like Grey Squall noted above I only do the 100+ mph to see if someone is following me, I have one joker here in Indiana that insists on following me occasionally, how do I know it’s the same guy? It’s because he’s got these crazy red & blue lights he insists on flashing at me and when I stop to confront him on why he’s following me he usually has some serious attitude.

on top of all that he usually gives me a note to meet up later at the local court house (kind of an odd place to meet) and then the SOB never shows up,,,,, beginning to think he’s some kind of “perv” that just gets off watching me get off my bike and pull my helmet off, not happy with this guy !
Driveshaft rotation makes no difference either. 180 degrees, 90 degrees- it's all the same.

·
Registered
219 Posts
There is only one way this whole thing will be taken care of. We need a bag of Funyuns 2 pounds of Purple Nurple a Kenny G CD a Dyno with microphones Stethoscopes and high speed cameras.

Just a suggestion that just popped in my head. Get your hands a FLIR! Ride the bike in the sweet spot for as long as you can then pull over fast and use the camera. If you are getting unwanted frequency from a shaft of slightly out of sync pinion gear you are going to get some extra heat. Of course you will need to set it up Scientifically by giving yourself a base line. I like a C#. Run the bike on the same stretchy of road below, at and above. I have a feeling you might find a lost weight or your final gear might be out of spec. Could be out of spec by fractions of a fraction. Do you get the same vibrations with loaded vrs unloaded. Has the bike been involved in a over sized pot hole that could have damaged a link causing the rear tire to be 1 degree off center. So many variables.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
You guys really do hate your police, don't you :D
random, not that I would personally exceed the speed limits at all 🙄🙄, but I feel this is something to benefit our police, past the obvious monetary contributions I feel that keeping them involved in trying to chase down a fjr (particularly the ultra fast red ones!) is something to help keep them healthier, otherwise they might just be sitting around eating donuts ya know. It’s all outta concern for their health ya know !

·
Registered
219 Posts
I believe they can be doing something better with the time they are given on our tax money. Rounding up offenders that tripped bail, checking in on Offenders in the system, taking turns at schools, removing unwanted people from areas that need attention. Taking care of anything else besides speed watching. I strongly believe the speed limits are just like caution signs. If you remove the signs and let Darwinism take over. We the people will have more space on the roads and less carbon foot print and need less housing due to less people. Win, Win, Win situation! I wont go any farther with that one. I get personal when it comes to cops and the things they do and don't do. Amazing how red white and blue is both FREADOM and NOT FREADOM!

What were we talking about??

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,175 Posts
I believe this thread is rapidly degrading and should at the minimum be locked. Try to keep to the topic and avoid hot button topics, eh fellas?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts