FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday the northern part of our small country was sunny and quit.
In the southern part, where I live, it was stormy and lots of snow.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Great piccies, Toon. Guess you didn't go for a ride, then. That is just so unlike anything we would see around here!

We have piccies from when we visited Holland many years ago (Hilversum) walking on the frozen canals, and we were cccooollldddd. We Aussies are just too soft for those conditions.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
david1300 said:
Great piccies, Toon. Guess you didn't go for a ride, then. That is just so unlike anything we would see around here!

We have piccies from when we visited Holland many years ago (Hilversum) walking on the frozen canals, and we were cccooollldddd. We Aussies are just too soft for those conditions.
You guys are lucky that next year World Cup Soccer in Germany will take place in summer.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Great pictures. I love the snow I only wish we had white christmas here in Australia.

I had christmas in Venna a few years ago and it was fantastic.

In Sweden it was -27deg when I was there and provided there was no wind blowing, it did not feel that cold. Then again it was ok to visit for a few weeks, It might be different living there, i think the novelty would wear off after a while.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Two Winters ago, we had a late March (early Spring) snowstorm of 132 cm. My son crawled out on his belly to measure exactly 52"on our lawn. Although the Denver, Colorado area is in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, we rarely get a snow over 30 cm.

Like the Alps, at Rocky Mountain altitudes, 3000 to 4250 m, the ski areas get an average of 1000 cm or more of snow a year. Great skiing; bad motorcycling.

Ron

·
Registered
247 Posts
Actually, we had about 2 CM up here in Assen and it was VERY cold. Looks like you had all the fun though Toon. Thats twice in one year then (we had that much snow in March) - pretty unusual.

Mooi weer eh? :roll:

PS, that last pic looks just like the Grote Markt in Groningen

·
Registered
177 Posts
Took my wife to Maastricht in Holland for our 25th wedding anniversary 2 years ago on the FJR. Did we get a surprise or what? stepped off the ferry at IJmuiden into snow and such other horrible conditions, not as bad as Walrus now shows us, but talk about a downer :shock: Made for some interesting riding I can tell you. Still had a good weekend tho :mrgreen:

·
Registered
247 Posts
That's really weird then because we didn't get that much in Assen just down the road :shock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.