FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok looking to raise the rear of the FJR1300 for some more sport. Where can I jet the links for the shock and Ive also seen spring helpers??. Im 6ft and 190 pounds so I dont think I should have to respring the bike. Does anyone know if the 06 has different links or (dog bones :shock: ) or if the rear shock is taller. Thanks

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I don't think a part will make it any sportier at all. If you get the quicker turn in you're looking for, you'll find the chassis will still grind. And it will still be 600+ pounds. You might get some head shake for your trouble as well. Save your money and time, just learn to ride it. 8)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Beg to differ. I put a new shock on that has adjustment for ride height and only noticed improvement. Turns a little quicker, haven't ground the pegs yet and still as steady as a rock. I don't do track days but the asphalt on the freeway exits has gone undamaged so far. :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Powerbike in Southampton a Yamaha dealer boasts that his farkle of lifting the back end and adjusting the front as well makes the FJR turn in like a sports bike but he does it for bikes he sells ,dont think he supplies just parts .
And there is an ebay from germany for lifting the rear as well

:ale:

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Sounds great then. I guess I just don't know how tossable my 600+ pound 60 inch wheelbase bike will ever be. Sounds like some of you boys have modded it to your liking. I think maybe I'm just getting my jollies on the track and not pushing as hard on the street anymore.

Whatever floats your boat! 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts