FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

My son Ajhutch will be racing a New Triumph 675 in this years SS600 Short Circuit championship here in Ireland.

His website is:- www.ajhutchracing.com

We got delivery of the first two bikes into Ireland in the middle of January, and on Sunday last, they got their first track time on the bikes.

For those of you that are interested, here is a video clip of the days testing.

http://www.xtsystems.com/ajhutch/Movies/mondellorunin.wmv

It is 33.3 MB's so not diall up friendly!!

your comments are more than welcome. :)

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Sweet. That bike looks tiny, either that or the guy in the red helmet is huge. :lol:

Oh, to have a track to yourself to play on! Get back out there, dad! :lol:

:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gr8eyes said:
Looks like fun was had by all, includind dad. Excellent.

Glenn
Yeah, we certainly had fun. :lol:
We had the use of a back section of the track, but without the use of the main straight, so was a little tight to say the least. 8)

To me the bike felt tiny, as I felt I was perched over the front wheel. but as I am used to the FJR, no wonder it felt small!!
It has loads of grunt out of the corners, and handles brilliantly.

Aj and Richie have competed in the 400cc Supersports championship for the past two years, where they finnished 2nd and 4th respectively.

Their next track day is at Kirkistown Race Circuit in the North of Ireland, later this month, and their first race of the season is on 19th March at Mondello Park.

Regards,
Scatman.

·
Registered
721 Posts
when its a triple yes, when it's a twin it can be a 750!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just giving you Guy's an update on my Son's racing progress to date.

So far, he has finished 4th in his first race on the Triumph 675, which was a brilliant achievement considering the bike was completely stock, except for the Arrow system!!
In round 2 in the Bridgestone Championship, he had a 10th and a 9th place finish.
The track, Aghadowey in Co Derry, Northern Ireland is a bit of a kip!! and is more suited to Go-Karts as it is so narrow in places and overtaking was almost impossible. You can check out Video's, Photo's and Race reports on AJ's website www.ajhutchracing.com which will give you an idea on how tight the track was.

Round 3 is next weekend in Bishopscourt, Co Down.
The track is much better and a lot quicker. The main straight is taken flat out in 6th gear so all the horses are needed.
Check it out here:- http://www.bishopscourtracingcircuit.com/0303lt2.JPG

The team website is www.absolracing.com so please check out the links and I look forward to your comments.

Scatman-1300 :ale:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aj was racing at Kirkistown, in Co.Down last weekend, and had two hard fought 4th places.

We now have 122 BHP at the rear wheel, after a few modifications to the Airbox and intake system, however, as yet we are still running the standard engine, but with the Arrow race system fitted.
We have cams on order from Triumph, and plan to have the profiles worked on by Kent Cams, and some head work completed in the near future.

I had a bullet camera and video camera fitted to the bike for last weekends races, so check out the following link, and let me know what you think.

It is nearly 50 mbs so will take a few minutes to load up!!

http://www.absolracing.com/vids/Round6.mov

This weekend, we are back on the International Circuit in Mondello (home to the ill fated BSB round, which was a wash-out!!) so maybe, with a little luck, we will get one foot on the podium!! 8)

:ale: Scatman :ale:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,
Just thought I'd register and post up to say hello!

Thanks to everyone thats visited the two websites I put together and to everyone thats wished me good luck for the season.
The sites have slowly developed with more & more information and I'm amazed with the amount of hits mine has gotten in the space of a short time! Now looking to breach the 56,000 mark!

Would also like to thank my dad, Jackson for his continued support and belief in me! It's been a lot more difficult this season compared to last year in the 400s, but I'm known to enjoy a challenge and keep learning.
Hopefully plans will work out and I can compete in the UK for 2007.

Cheers

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Welcome and good luck, AJ!

Stay safe.

:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK Guys n Gals,

Aj's race season is officially over for this year.

He finished 3rd in the Southern Championship (All Mondello Park rounds and 5th in the Bridgestone SS600 Championship. (all circuits around Ireland)

We also did a Triumph Track day at Brands Hatch and competed in a very wet race at Oulton Park, when he finished in a credible 14th place.

This is a brilliant result for someone new to the 600 class this year, and also on a stock bike (engine and sunspension) for most of the year.

We had a small bit of head work done (exhaust cam and ported) but the forks and rear shock has been stock all year.

Last weekend he had 3 x races on the Mondello International Circuit and competed against some of the top national riders in the country, and finished 8th, 6th and 5th.

Attached is a link to the Triumph 675 forum and also some photos that I took over the weekend.
Also check out some onboard footage that was taken during the races.

http://www.triumph675.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5190

Next year, Aj is hoping to compete in The 675 Cup, which is being organised by Tony Scott of T3 Racing in Kent.
This will mean competing at all the MRO rounds at all the UK circuits, and we will also have to find much more sponsorship, as the bike that Aj rode this year is not eligable, due to the engine not being stock.

Check out his website for all the details, race reports and video clips, and Aj and I look forward to your comments.

www.ajhutchracing.com

:ale: :ale:

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey all...

More news just in...

I took 3rd in the Southern Centre National SS600 Championship (3 points behind 2nd :twisted: ) but I was also nominated for the Clubman Rider of the Year as well as the Bridgestone Rider of the Year awards.
As of from Sunday... we found out, I've won the Bridgestone award.
Last race of the year is tomorrow in Oulton Park, but the race to raise sponsorship for next season goes on.

Because Ill be the only Irish person entering the 675 Cup next season, they've given me my own colour sceme to incorporate being Irish.
Pic of that is now on the homepage of www.ajhutchracing.com

AJ

1 - 18 of 18 Posts