FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So here is a raw video from our fall ride. It is on 250 in Virginia. I'm still in the process of creating a "highlight" video from the trip. My GoPro 9 has 3 mics and the "wind sock" came off of 2 of them. It also doesn't help how Youtube kills the resolution. I need to learn how to edit and post better still.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,281 Posts
I ran the stretch from 219 to Monterey last week on the VFR...... lots of fun roads in the area as you likely know. 250 is always a favourite.

Reactions: Whooshka

·
Registered
2009 FJR1300A
297 Posts
I was just down there as well. Even though I’ve ridden it many times the stint we did on 250 was probably the most fun road of the trip this year. I took some crappy vibrating footage from my phone mounted on the handlebars. I looked at GoPros a long time ago but never got into it. Also, I realized from my footage that video seems to “slows” things down. Sections where I was hitting 80ish between curves looked like I was barely moving in my video.

Reactions: Whooshka

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, the GoPro will make speed appear lower and distances appear greater.

I've got about a dozen more clips like this I need to edit and post.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice vid. I have to sharpen my video skills.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm learning as I go. I was able to edit my video above to about 6 minutes. Bought some nice editing software so I'll be playing with more tonight.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do have a "toy" drone. But I'm not taking it on rides. I only get to really ride twice a year so I don't want to bog myself down with electronics. I barely take pics anymore. I just wanna ride.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reactions: Recalled
1 - 11 of 11 Posts