FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, made my decision to NOT lower my bike, or cut the seat down. Like it just the way it is. It's not the bikes fault I am short, right? Anyway, since the odds are that I will some day drop it at some traffic light with 15 of my buddies watching me and laughing I guess I better put some frame sliders on my 06. Best product/place to buy IS?? Please fill in the blanks. Thank you. :|

Bryon

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
The ones you buy from BikeJohnny. They pay for this board. ;)

:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
+1
I just bought my sliders (first purchase) from BikeJohnny, www.bikejohnny.com for mostly the same reason. I was pleased that they promptly answered several of my questions about the different choices and shipped the sliders so fast I'm not sure they even came from over seas! A satisfied customer. :D

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not interested in having to drill into my fairing, however since the most likely mounting place for the 06 is in full view I doubt that will be an issue once the 06 sliders are available

·
Registered
122 Posts
joer6 said:
Motovation Frame sliders $74.99- no drilling, they give you the replacement bolts. Look unobtrusitive and I have them on my 06 fjr. Hopefully I won't have to utilize them, but I'm short like you and have them just in case.

http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/Scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=180
Also take a look at these, they look great IMHO
http://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=7228
Ordered mine a few weeks ago. As with all 06 sliders, there are not holes to drill.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those are classy! Should put down some serious sparks during an operational check :crylarf: . They look nice though. I went with the Motovation ones since they already had them available. I didn't see them on Bike Johnny for the 06. I may have missed them though. Now that I was made aware that Bike Johnny pays for this forum, I now feel quilty. :(. Super quick install 10 minutes. I know I will need them at some time or the other. At 5'4", its going to heppen. Happen within one week of my new ownership of my 1998 VFR800 in a gravel driveway trying to put it on the center stand. I am not a stupid person, but being short and riding sport bikes comes with its own set of challenges. I will never give in to the cruiser (I didn't see my Vmax as a real cruiser). HEHE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts