FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello !

Found this site after googling the net for Continental Force max tire.
In an earlier thread (http://www.fjrowners.ws/discus/messages/9/20763.html?1093921232) I saw some of you have or had it installed.
On the walls of the front tire, something like (writing from memory) "max load 238 kg" is mentioned. As far as I know the Fjr weighs more than that (just like my Vfr, that is why I'm interested in this), so can anyone please explain what the mentioned load capacity refers to ?

Thx in advance !

·
Registered
409 Posts
boof - I use the Conti ROAD ATTACKs, I think the CONTI FORCE what evers are strictly sports bikes.
PS: Say hi to Ann for me.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Boodler said:
On the walls of the front tire, something like (writing from memory) "max load 238 kg" is mentioned. As far as I know the Fjr weighs more than that
There are two tires. Unless you're doing stoppies and wheelies all the time, that load rating should be good for its part of the job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
20valves said:
There are two tires. Unless you're doing stoppies and wheelies all the time, that load rating should be good for its part of the job.
So 238 kg limit on only the front tire, even a Goldwing could do well with it, right ?
Finally, do all the tires have such a weight limit ? I have Dunlop sportmax on it right now and I don't remember if such a limit number is "written" on the tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts