FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done the pyrenees in April? I'm thinking of going to Santander on the ferry and then up through France, but not sure what the weather will be like mid april. I've only been there in August before.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have travelled a lot of the French Alps ( Eastern Alps boarding Italy, down to Nice). The high roads may not be open until early June. April is best for valley riding. Here in Switzerland the high Alp passes are not open until early June.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Liz

Can you make sure you fit a snow plough so the roads are clear for us as Hogan2085(Gerry) and myself will be leaving on 19th May for Pyrenees (Benasque), riding through France from St Malo.

Thanks in anticipation of a job well done :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Teejay

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
marshman said:
Almost makes you want to pull on the old cycling shorts :wink:
Yes, but there's always some silly bugger hanging round with a camera and a copy of photoshop, isn't there. :shock:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
teejay said:
Liz

Can you make sure you sort some stablilsers for me as Hogan2085(Gerry) and myself will be leaving on 19th May for Pyrenees (Benasque), riding through France from St Malo.

Thanks in anticipation of a job well done :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Teejay

·
Registered
39 Posts
Liz
Last time i went there in mid April it p****d down from just o/s Bordeaux till the Spanish border near St Jean de Luz - then to add insult to injury it rained all the way back .
Didnt get into the really high stuff but most roads seemed ok if a little worn out .

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello Liz from the north of Spain.
In Spain is told "En Abril aguas mil" which means "In April thousands of water", but it´s not 100% true. You will find pyrenees marvellous and all the roads open.
I really recommend it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello Liz from the north of Spain.
In Spain is told "En Abril aguas mil" which means "In April thousands of water", but it´s not 100% true. You will find pyrenees marvellous and all the roads open.
I really recommend it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Liz, I flew over the Pyrenees on Sunday. There was a LOT of snow still visible. This winter has been a lot colder than the norm in southern europe so the snows will linger a bit longer than usual. I'd still expect most roads to be open though.

·
Registered
177 Posts
@ Liz
maybe Wet Wet Wet got it right, but here's hoping these words from their song might help

Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waiting for me
My lover stands on golden sands
And watches the ships that go sailing

Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere watching for me
And if I could fly like birds on high
Then straight to her arms
I’d go sailing

It’s far beyond the stars
It’s near beyond the moon
I know beyond a doubt
My heart will lead me there soon

We’ll meet beyond the shore
And we’ll kiss just as before
And happy we’ll be beyond the sea and
Never again I’ll go sailing

Hope it stays dry for you - and you never want to come back - have a good one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts